Wine Bucket List

I have had a number of wines from DRC but have not had Romanee Conti. That is the wine I would most like to try.

I sat next to Paul Draper and across from Joel Peterson at a Zinfandel dinner at Chez Panisse. I’m good!

#winner

[cheers.gif]

1941 Inglenook Cabernet Sauvignon (from a time capsule bottle)
1945 Beaulieu Georges de Latour
1968-1969 Heitz Marthas (had the '74 - yes, was transcendental)
DRC RC, any vintage (or any DRC)
1989-1990 Petrus
1985 Guigal La-Las
1978 & 1990 Chave
1985 Sassicaia
Jayer Cros Parantoux, any vintage
1978 Diamond Creek Lake
1975 Chappellet
1901 Margaux
Shipwreck Champagne

My birth year Cheval Blanc 1947.

Nice man - love the shipwreck champagne! Great call!

All of the above.

These bottles will be $50k per rather than $15k per by the time I’ve accumulated enough assets to buy one!!!

I think my bucket list would be as much about the context as the wine:

• A recent and an old Yquem (say '45 or '49) at a picnic by the Ciron during bud break.
  • Tasting of the full range in the cellars of Egon Muller (ditto at DRC).
  • Horizontal tasting of Clos de Vougeot at the corresponding parcels in the Clos (to fully get my head around this vineyard).
  • Overnight stowaway (sanctioned or otherwise) in the cellars at Cheval Blanc (inspired by Norwegian author Gert Nygårdshaugs ‘Honningkrukken’, set in St. Emilion).
  • Pre-phylloxera port on an C18th Tall Ship at sea.

In terms of wines without context I guess I’d be most keen to try pre-phylloxera claret.

This woukd be so amazing to do. Like you I appreciate context. This has to be my favorite so far.

Two buck chuck

At a private dinner with Sir Winston Churchill, King Arthur and Kate Mara

I’ve been trying to convince a friend of mine to buy it for his wife’s 70th birthday so that I have a chance, but no luck yet.

me too
I’ve had a few but would like to have a small stash on hand for birthday celebrations.

me too!!

Any DRC and I have simple tastes so any good vintage Clos St Hune.

La Tâche

Fake DRC 2002 in Coke, with both Rudy and John wearing non-fake orange jumpsuits.

1985 Sassicaia

Any good vintage of Rayas, Harlan, and Screaming Eagle. Never had any of them and would like to know what I’m missing.

1961 Jaboulet Hermitage La Chapelle

There’s always this guide:

https://www.amazon.com/1001-Wines-Must-Taste-Before/dp/0789316838

1720 Borges Pather
1931 Quinta do Noval Vintage Port
1961 Jaboulet La Chapelle