Will The 2010 Masseto Change My Life?

Masseto is great and if you can splurge, do so but let the wine sit. I’ve tasted the 10. It’s not ready. I would also go for Messorio which is amazing and the great Petrolo Galatrona which for under a c- note is amazing value.

We are honored to have met you afterward! :slight_smile:

It is my understanding that buying two bottles of 2010 Masseto and carrying them around in a $1,200 Vinous leather tote will cure male menopause. Obviously, I have not tried it, but that is what I have heard…

Pycnogenol and L-arginine:Good stuff!

[[img]quote=“Michael S. Monie”]That is, other than making me a little poorer. I have the opportunity to pull the trigger on a couple of bottles at a relatively attractive price. Don’t usually shop anywhere near this price point. Will I remember this wine as a pinnacle similar to the way I remember 89 Haut Brion? Thanks.[/quote]
I have no idea how good or great the 2010 Masseto is. I personally would be cautious about purchasing a wine totally out of my comfort zone for price. If it’s 2x your typical high-end purchase, fine. But if it’s 5x, you might never find a good time to open and really enjoy with family/friends (without obsessing about how the wine is showing).

Exception might be a fully mature wine purchased for a special person/event. Maybe like 1989 HB in 20 years!
Good luck,
Peter