Who's excited for Florida Mountain Turnip season!?

There’s a rumor that the cryoextraction equipment was sourced from a certain Loire winemaker

Where is Jim Budd when you need him? This story is just too “explosive” for Jim to touch.

Made my first mash of the shipment–

1/2 inch cube diced/boiled in water / nob of butter/ S and a touch of Scorpion Pepper…also

I cooked mine in a bit of bay leaf and lemon grass. -

Removed those ingredients – mashed with a spot of Double cream – added in minced lemon grass

AS of last night – very sweet and the touch of lemon grass was kinda interesting --non of the additions hindered the sweetness and flavor

Very happy with the product/ but these are the first rutabagas i have ever had so I don’t have a generic side by side.

Btw 10#'s was about 35 dollars from the Tailor newhere [cheers.gif]

This is all so Bonny Doon.

I’m sure Florida Mountain Turnips go well with Rocky Mountain something. [cheers.gif]

What elevation is this Florida Mountain top?

are the ones from DRC–Domaine Rutabaga Corporation–worth the extra cost?

Generally between 1800-2000 ft. They’re grown on top of the Berkshire ridge, on poor glacial soils. The key is that the climate is cold - 1500 feet of elevation in the Northeast is like moving 200 miles north in latitude. My hunch is that it’s the juxtaposition of the right soils for rutabagas, and increased fall sun compared to further north that lets the rutabagas get sweeter than pretty much any other you’ll ever try.