Which RIDGE are you drinking?

Love that…and the price! Buzz, you like this more than the 13 geezer? Haven’t tried the LS yet but probably should fix that

Drinking up my '80 Montebellos. Still good but fading a bit.

2012 Geezer - slightly cooked, which is odd

Birth year wine for me. Think it has 4 years left in the tank??

'79 Monte Bello Zin and '81 Monte Bello. The Zin was fully into the tawny zone, with some dark minerality. The MB was solid, but not as expressive as previous bottles.

Going to Ridge tomorrow. Not sure what they’ll have out for the tasting but looking forward to it.

Opened up a young Zin from Ridge recently and it didn’t disappoint. I have another bottle, so I’ll let get some age on it before opening.

I hope they have the 2013 Historic Vineyards MB to taste so you can post reactions. I hear it is going to be in the $200 range, so it might be beyond my strike zone, but some intel would be welcome in any event

Drank 1985 Canyon Road Zinfandel the other night. Into-the-neck fill, spinning capsule. Fully integrated and mature red currant and some darker fruits playing nice with excellent minerality. No discernible dill pickle elements, just a very pleasing and contemplative bottle. 100% zinfandel. So happy to have a few of these left.

I spoke with Mary Devine earlier this week and she indicated the Monte Bello Historic Vineyard is yet available. I have heard it will be priced at or above the regular Monte Bello.

Well, I talked to Mary Bagley this week, and my Mary says that it will be available for purchase “soon” and will probably be about $200. Dueling Marys

Sorry Neal, I left out an important word:

I spoke with Mary Devine earlier this week and she indicated the Monte Bello Historic Vineyard is > NOT > yet available.

I think the messages from our respective Marys (I’m a big fan of both, but Devine is my “go-to” Mary) are consistent.

Hey Mike,

Did Mary mention what pricing would be on the 2013 Steep Terraces Cabernet? $200 is a bit steep for the Historic Vines, I’m hoping the Steep Terraces will be less.

Brava!

No mention of the steep terraces Ryan

Yep, think there is 2-3+ years left.

That’s higher than the same release for Montebello. Can’t see that at all.

The “pre-release” price for the 2013 Monte Bello is $185. It’s not surprising at all the more limited, special bottlings - the Historic Vines and Steep Terraces - are priced higher.

Thanks!

Sarah -1985 Canyon Road Zinfandel- Can you tell me more about this bottle? I could not find any info from the internet and have never heard of it. Sound like a great experience with an older zin!