Which Chenin Blanc are you drinking?

Ive been moving steadily to the demi side, which is a change for me.

Demi is where it’s at!

That’s kinda been where my head is at most of the time (own more demi than sec)…but i still have more drinking to do before I officially make the call :wink:

None. I really wonder why I ever buy the stuff. I have about 15-20 bottles of Chenin, and zero interest in drinking it.

I had a Guiberteau recently that I liked, it was the 2014 Guicheaux. The first chenin that I’ve had in quite a while. Once it filled out, it was very good.

2009 Huet Reserve classic method sparkler was outstanding over the weekend.

Welp…at least you know where to find people who might be interested in buying em :wink:

Who would want Huet, Chidaine and Sandlands? :wink:

David, Are you selling Huet and Chidaine?

Don’t know. Considering it.

I say: ANATHEMA!

I can’t believe I’m hearing this out of “Mr. Riesling” lips. Chenin Blanc is simply France’s answer to riesling, which, being a German grape, cannot be imbided by French peoples.

It’s ok. David has a history of being on the wrong side of every issue. [snort.gif]

Well we know about the savignon blanc issue… [wink.gif]

Brad doesn’t like dry Riesling, I don’t like Sauvignon Blanc.

I know who is more wrong, and it’s not me.

Chenin does not excite my palate, except under rare circumstances (e.g. very old Huet). I don’t ever reach for it, so no reason to cellar it.

Don’t forget, you have no problems with players using PEDs, too! [smileyvault-ban.gif]

Oh and I do like dry to dryish Riesling, just not from Germany.

Back on ignore you go.

I see David’s view. I love Huet. Love it. But a good portion of friends frequently are not excited in chenins that I serve them.

Hooray! What a thin-skinned troll you are and I’m being kind and showing restraint. Since the WLDG days, too!

Francois Piñon makes really nice wines. The Trois Argiles is a great go-to for around $20.

I’m not sure I can even comprehend the position that someone who loves Riesling doesn’t like Chenin.