Where I Join Forces with Daniel Posner of Grapes the Wine Co

I did this for the Greene Grape exactly 3 months ago with Todd’s permission. This is the same thing. I have e-mailed Todd on this matter. I have no idea why you are so upset. And I am sorry I upset you. If, Todd, wants this thread removed, so be it. But until I hear from him or another moderator, I am within my rights. This is a career change, and as I said, i wanted to share it with this community, which I think I am a pretty vocal member of. You look it at it as pimping, and you will probably look at every other post from me from this point on as pimping. I’m sorry. There is nothing I can do about that.

And I will continue to respond.

I don’t think there is anything wrong with posting a note about moving to a new position. Congratulations, Lyle!

Steve, have a cigar and relax. Don’t make me take my shirt off. [berserker.gif]

steve, I don’t see the issue. This is the wine pimps forum. Lyle is a well respected member of the community. This is news.

Thanks all for the wishes. Sorry if I’ve offended anyone. I really didn’t plan to. [truce.gif]

I’ll get back to posting tasting notes on Poulsard that get 12 views. [tease.gif]

Give the “Chenin Blanc Must Die Thread” some love. I am sure that you can win York over eventually.

Congrats, Lyle! I hope this works out well for you, and for Dan as well.

I’ve met Gary at Chambers Street Wines and he was extremely nice, well-mannered, knew a lot about wine, and to be honest, completely different than what I’ve seen here in recent weeks.

That is good to know.

Or it’s all the more disappointing that he chose to avoid engaging here in a meaningful, valuable way.

In any case, what will be your first official pimping act for Dan? Bringing in some Cour-Cheverny? :slight_smile:

From my experience he can. And very well. That is why I have kept quiet on the whole thing.

Lyle,

First: Congratulations on taking the leap and I know it can be a leap, but take it to the max and enjoy the ride as well as the benefits.

Second: Listen first, then tailor you ideas to the business, despite what Dan is going to tell you.

Third: Tell Dan to not be so persnickety. We still love him and he should share his thoughts on this board too.

Fourth: If you post anywhere or speak to a wine, be sure to say you are in the business or you will be perceived as a shill: = V

Best of luck, Lyle. Should be an interesting mix.

Randy,

Sig updated and will be transparent about the wines. Thanks Randy.

Hmmmm Swami sees a Trocken and Halbtrocken “dump” in Grapes’s future. neener

Lyle,

Now you are deep in the bowels of wine distribution with us. You must expand your palate, taste everything you are considering purchasing, create comprehensive detailed tasting notes, determine market avenues and promotion.

Then, worst of all, you must determine: “What am I taking home to go with dinner.” [wink.gif]

that’s what I am talking about.

Dan, if you read here. There is a wine called “G-Max”. An awful filler they make you buy to get Keller’s line of wines. Keller, btw, Dan is a producer of Riesling. Riesling, Dan, is a grape that makes wines without the hedonistic ball busting stuffing to ever get a *. Actually they do get 's but I digress.
Anyways back to the G-Max. While you are busy balancing sheets by moving the 2009 Cos D’Estournel (
, btw) or 2003 Pavie ( A hypothetical mix of 1945 Mouton, Motor Oil and a Wood Chipper) you may see the 2009 Keller offer.

This Keller stuff is too confusing. Much more confusing than remembering 1982,1989,1990,2000,2005 and *
The Hubacker will sell like hotcakes.
That G-Max stuff will only collect cobwebs. You will need to store it next to the 2001 Astralis

I will take it off your hands to save you shelf space

Thank you for your attention

Congrats Lyle.
If I could go to eRP I would reference my 2002 post about genius, you, yada yada

Congrats, Lyle! (And Dan!)

Maybe you and Jim can convince Dan which is the best NY sport team to root for!

Lyle–Congrats. Maybe I’m still a little sleep-deprived from yesterday, but in what way have you “joined forces” with Dan/Grapes the Wine? What is your business affiliation with Dan and the store?

Thanks,
Bruce

Congrats Lyle.

Steve, let me go on record as saying that every Berserker should visit every ITB Berserker’s shop / winery / restaurant whenever possible. Purchase optional but drop by and say “Howdy!”