What's the most overrated winery on Berserkers?

[cheers.gif] [welldone.gif] [winner.gif]

Don’t you think it moves in cycles?

There are just waves of enthusiasm for certain mailing list wines, and then eventually the folks move on to the next hot mailing list wine and the old wine, which may have been briefly overrated, finds it’s more natural “tier” in the wine hierarchy.

If someone had posted this question three years ago, I would have mentioned someone like Kosta Browne, but given how little they’re discussed now, I don’t think you can call them overrated anymore. Ditto Loring.

I guess right now I would volunteer someone like Liquid Farm.

Regarding Pat’s post, I know from previous topics that he and I have very different tastes in wine. That said, given how little Italian wine even gets discussed on this Board, and in that minimal discussion the vast majority of it is centered in Piemonte, I struggle to understand how anyone could conclude that Felsina is the most overrated winery on the board. He may not like it or get it, but I’m sure the vast majority of Board members don’t even have it on their “wish list”, much less in their cellar, so it wouldn’t fit my definition of overrated, which implies that someone even takes the time to “rate” it.

Now that is customer service!

Just following the Brewer-Clifton model.

The winemaker pretty much suggested that on eBob. Screw him.

OK The World is official upsidedown !!
I agree with Anton [tease.gif] [swoon.gif] !

Never understood these wines.

Well at least we agree about something.

I want to say Carlisle, but I’ve never tried one. So I’ll say Rivers-Marie. Wait, I’ve never tried that either.

I actually love the Aubert chards, but I’d nominate the Aubert pinots. Not my cup of tea.

Can’t we just live and let live? Everyone thinks some wineries are overrated. This thread is a circular firing squad that can only piss people off, and drive producers farther away from participating here. You want to talk about underrated wineries? That’s productive. This thread is not.

Every American Syrah producer.

Done.

I’ll play:

Bordeaux - dusty, dirty, thin, flavorless tasting - cannot hold a candle to most $50+ California cabs;
Burgundy - most are pretty good but for the money, a decent California Pinot is a far better QPR.

But the real winner: the most overrated and loved wines on WB that I don’t care for are from Tablas Creek. I just don’t get the love for it.

There is a Hugh difference between a “producer” and an entire region. Just sayin.

The one I don’t really get is William Fevre.

Rivers Marie, tasted it a few times, just don’t get it. I do like most TRB wines though.

Funny, but based on WB I bought some 2007 RM Cabs for some mid-range CA cab drinking. Cost me $60 a bottle a few months back. To my taste this wine is really easy to understand - straightforward but utterly delicious and charming Cali cab. In no way small or light, but harmonious, well balanced and flat out enjoyable. A bit of age so some softening. Plenty of fruit. Great QPR. But still - a very pure form of Cali cab.

Wait, is it ok if I say positive things on this thread?

Interesting. These are two that came to my mind, before I started reading the posts here. Have had several of both, didn’t care for them, especially the RM Pinots–too blowsy. Sold the remaining bottles. Would also add Brewer-Clifton pinots, but they don’t seem that highly rated on Berserkers.

[scratch.gif]

A sociando or d’arnailhac would destroy any mid range Cali at that price point, but that’s just my opinion

As a fan of Sociando I will say that the Heitz Napa Cabernet is as good a wine and more enjoyable to drink most of the time. Same for the Ridge Estate Cabernet.