What's Bojangles Like?

Popeyes is very variable depending on the store and the manager. The most convenient one to us was godawful horrible when it first opened. I tried it twice and gave up. Service and food were both offputting.

I tried it again about 2 years later - entirely different staff in the store - and both the fried chicken and service were very good. Like night and day.

Since I started the thread because of the IPO, I thought I should give an update about Bojangles stock:

Originally priced between $13-15, then repriced upwards twice prior to offering, it eventually priced at $19. I still subscribed, but at that price I wasn’t particularly crushed when I wasn’t allocated shares. Then I watched the stock trade up over $30 before settling at $23.75 or a 25% one-day gain. Too rich for my blood at that price. Since then it’s mostly bounced around between $25-27.

So for me; a great stock to own at $14 but not so exciting at $25. It was an interesting run, however.

Thanks for the input on the product.

I am from Boston originally, and about all that was left up there when I moved was KFC. They had a couple of Church’s that Popeye’s that I liked, but they only lasted a few years. Church’s was my favorite.

The first time I was in the Carolinas, I though Bojangles was the bomb. I like the breakfasts a lot. The deep fried sweet potato pies are pretty great too. The fried chicken and sides good, but lately I find them to be a little overpriced and the chicken pieces were kind of small.

As far as a company, you think they are kind of saturated in the area, but they continue to open new stores. But there is nothing that would make them stand out to me over Popeye’s or Churches.