What WHISKY (Scotch) are you drinking?

Lagavullin 16

Highland Park 18

Talisker 25

Ardbeg 10

Springbank 10

16 year old Bladnoch bottled by Signatory Vintage. Latour barrel. 371 bottles.

Last night I finished the Bruichladdich Waves. Nice but I preferred Rocks. Now I have no Scotch in the house [cry.gif]

J

Talisker 25 (Thanks Jordan!)

Bargain: Black Bottle Blended Scotch. Gordon Graham & Co. It’s from the family of distillers that includes Bunnahabhain and is a blend of whatever they kick down, so it’s 100% Islay Malt. It Retails for $16-20, so it is a fantastic QPR vs. your standard name brand blends such as Dewar’s, Johnnie Walker Red, etc.

Alex, gonna nit-pick here. Duncan Taylor and Murray McDavid are bottlers, not distillers, like Signatory. They buy finished casks from distillers.

1991 Lagavulin Distiller’s Edition

Ardbeg Renaissance

for those that love peat…the Ardbeg 10 is really good…with an excellent QPR…

and their 18 yo is, IMO, fantastic

Astor in NY has Lagavulin 16 on sale at $48.
Crazy price…it’s nearly double that in our market.
Placed an order last week with some other ATLers to save on shipping.
Nice price.

that price is absurd, and is the cheapest I have ever seen Lagavulin sell for.

I hear you Brian.
Brad Kaplan, who posts here an ebob a bit, placed the order at Astor for us.
He tried to get a local price match, local shop said (perhaps somewhat in jest) they can’t even buy it at $49.

I’d believe 'em.

Great price on the Lagavulin. It nearly disappeared in the US for awhile, basically because they had underestimated demand (and it was a significant part of one of the Johnnie Walker blends). Diageo brought in Caol Ila to help fill the demand.

-Al

Ah, so that’s why Caol Ila suddenly became easier to find. It used to be as hard to get as Port Ellen.

I see K&L have an interesting looking 9YO Springbank finished in Yquem casks for $65.

Pretty good price on what sounds like an interesting Springbank bottling. I’ve not been buying Scotch lately because I have so many and don’t go through them quickly, but I may have to pick up one of those.

-Al

Yah!!!

Fantastic stuff!

It’s REALLY hard to beat the 18yr. Mac. flirtysmile

My favs:

Ardbeg 10yo, Laphroaig 15yo, Lagavulin 16yo, Talisker 10yo, and Highland Park 18yo. Have a few special releases I haven’t opened yet: Caol Ila 22yo Rare Malts, and Tactical 21 yo (Talisker release by Old Malt Cask), and some Distiller’s Editions for Lagavulin and Talisker. Mmmmmm…

Fun thread, guys. I have lots of faves, depending on my mood. A good bottling of the Laggie 16 is still splendid, love equally the cask strength 12. I recently finished my bottle of love-it-much Macallan 18 (and please note, I have yet to taste a SINGLE Fine Oak version that is ANY good) but fortunately replaced that with a kick-ass 27 year cask strength Murray McDavid Platinum Series. I am trying to take very small sips of my 30 year old Highland Park. 25 Year Tomatin is also lovely as is that 14 year old Clynelish. And another of my favoruites, perhaps surprisingly, is the Glendronach 12 year, $55 up here. I have seen Lagavulin 16 for $48, but not for about a decade…I also like the Oban doublewood and lots of cask strength whiskies.

balvenie 21 yr port wood picked up on closeout for $99 [worship.gif]

Anyone recommend any good bars for drinking Scotch and other whiskeys around the bay area? I’ll take selection and pricing over scene but given that I’m not a big Scotch drinker but am mildly more curious of late I’m thinking about doing some sampling…