What Is Your Favorite Restaurant Dessert?

And I detest port. At least we can eat Ham & Cheese together though!

I rarely order creme brulee in restaurants because they almost always fuck it up - usually by caramelizing the sugar in advance and letting it get soggy. I make my own because it’s easy.

I’ll generally get whatever looks creative if they have a real pastry chef, which is how I ended up with the lemon gelato and custard “pillows” at Al Forno in Providence. Still the best dessert I’ve ever eaten out.

If I had my druthers? '70 Fonseca with Stilton and either pears or apples.

Savarin, oeufs a la neige [worship.gif]

1. creme brulee
  2. NY cheese cake

Brown Butter Banana Tart from Herbsaint in NOLA

recipe here:
http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/579350-Banana-Brown-Butter-Tart" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

caveat: I don’t even like dessert/sweet things but this dessert makes me swoon. Tres Leches too.

Thai dessert: Mango, warm sticky rice, and coconut ice cream.

I like a lavender creme brulee too.

Banana’s Foster! Made tableside and flaming. Tooo good. flirtysmile
Creme brulee.
Recently, I had the BEST slice of lemon meringue pie, which I normally don’t care for, at Gulfstream. To die for!
Warmed fruit pie with vanilla bean ice cream. Yum!!!

Why am I so hungry now?

My initiation of creme brulee was in Paris (the one in France). I must admit I haven’t tasted its equal yet.

I have had this, tremendous use of sugar for sure.

We used to have an Italian restaurant in Yountville that made the best Tiramisu, I haven’t found one I like as well. Other than that, a warm bread pudding w/warm caramel sauce and a little Crème anglaise, just a bit underneath, also a good chocolate dessert but really depends on the restaurant.
Sometimes I will ask for a small chunk of chocolate & some raspberries to have w/my port.

Carrie, the next time you’re in SoCal, let me know and I’ll direct you to a place with outstanding Tiramisu!

direct me? If I’m there you better plan on being there too so I can bash you in person about your baseball team neener

Deal - you better hurry down here while you’re still ahead of us in the standings! neener

Depends on the restaurant, but I tend to like citrus-y desserts.

All over desserts that are hot & cold (i.e. molten lava cake with a scoop of vanilla ice cream). Also into anything creamy like puddings and mousses. The chocolate souffle at Press in Napa is really, really good.

Poppy,
Is that one of the desserts we had when we where there? I knew we had a chocolate dessert but couldn’t remember which one. Hopefully you’ll feel better soon so we can do it again.

Huge fan of

Panna Cotta
Pot de Creme
Chocolate Semifreddo

also, as of late there is a restaurant group in the area, which has the greatest coconut creme pie ever…

Which one? [He says hopefully.]

A cheese course is a cheese course, no? Meant to be served before dessert (though I’ve attended a lunch of a mostly Aussie populated club that serves cheese after dessert)?

In any event, I’ve no sweet tooth either, but, unless I know for a fact that it is no good, if there is tarte Tatin or tarte citron/lemon merengue pie on a dessert menu, I will surely order it even just for a bite or two. The tarte Tatin because I love it, and the latter two more because they remind me of my late mother who used to bake them for us.

I do enjoy a good Tres Leches every now and then.