What do you SAY to some people?

I don’t know, Roberto… maybe “I’m sorry but that’s just how it is” would be the only thing TO say.

If people interpret it as ‘20 tastes for $20’ then I can see where some might think they could share. As I said above, most tasting venues down here do allow people to split flights. We do. I’m thinking that “$20 PER PERSON” would be more clear. That doesn’t preclude the occasional dipstick from just trying to get a deal. Unfortunately that type is always out there.

In the voice of the smarmy pickpocket in “Casablanca”…“chiselers; chiselers everywhere…”. (Well, a few, anyway) Just duck after you say it!

No

Yes!

“Sir, I do understand where you’re coming from, but what you’re paying for is the opportunity ****to taste wines the likes of which would cost multiple times the value of what we’re offering here tonight. If you don’t think that it’s worth the cost due to your tastes, I’d be more than willing to hear some of you and your date’s favorites, and offer a couple of recommendations for full glasses that I’m sure you’ll like.”

Then you recommend some bargain bottles, empty out some stuff that’s stagnant, and count yourself lucky that you’re not going to have to deal with someone like that anymore, because more likely than not, people won’t take the reviews of a cheapskate seriously, anyways.