Schloss Lieser
Schmitges
Schafer-Frohlich

JJ Prum 16.11%
Selbach-Oster 10.74%
Willi Schaefer 8.85%
Dr Loosen 7.9%
Fritz Haag 5.69%

Then Muller-Catroir, Donnhoff, JJ Christoffel.

Selbach would have a higher percentage and be closer to Prum but i drink them frequently. For example Prum is 13.97% of my purchases and Selbach is 11.95%.
Next is Donnhoff with 7.49%.

Figures are as a % of total cellar.

Prum - 9
Schaefer - 7
Grunhaus - 5
Muller - 4
Haag - 2
Lieser - 1
Zilliken - 1
Donnhoff - 0.4
Then a few others.

I’m perfectly happy with this.

Doennhoff (6.4%)
Pruem (5.4%)
Willi Schaefer (2.7%)
Egon Mueller (1.9%)

Donnhoff
JJ prum
Selbach oster
Keller
Willi schaefer

Interesting. My favorite Selbach has always been the zeltinger Sonnenuhr. It is the richer one To me with the Schlossberg being the sleeker one

I’m a little surprised by the number of appearances of von Schubert/Max. Grunhaus. I love the wines and have had the good fortune to have had many older ones over the years thanks to the generosity of some older fans of the wines. But it’s not as widely distributed as the Thiese wines and you hardly ever see anyone post on it here. I’m glad Dr. von Schubert is getting proper recognition where it counts – in people’s cellars.

I drink plenty!

The older wines are great I agree. Have enjoyed quite a few with the Von Schuberts, but the current wines are on form too.

Martin Müllen
Andreas Laible
Weingut Rings
Weingut Keller
P. Licht-Bergweiler
Sven Klundt
Weltner
Zilliken
Schäfer-Fröhlich

Any guesses as to whom I’ve been buying from? [wink.gif]

For sweet wines, Donnhoff is my absolute favorite, but I’ve been enjoying trockens so much that I’m not buying anything else these days.

My Grunhaus days are probably over or limited. I had easy access from Dee Vine Wines at their old pier site in SF - now closed.

Are they really hard to find? Someone should step up and distribute properly.

1. Hessische Staatsweingüter Kloster Eberbach (however, no vintage younger than 1976)
  2. Koehler-Ruprecht
  3. Schäfer-Fröhlich
  4. Willi Schaefer
  5. Dönnhoff
  6. Bürklin-Wolf
  7. Wittmann
  8. Keller
  9. Emrich-Schönleber
  10. Weiser-Künstler

JJ Prum
Fritz Haag
Donnhof
Willi Schaeffer
Schloss Lieser
Kerpen
Zilliken
Grunhaus
JJ Christoffel

Prum reasonably well out in front with the others not that far apart other than the last two. A significant number of other producers where I have 1-4 bottles. I would love more Lieser but haven’t been able to source any for the last three or so years. One lonely red amongst them.

My Grunhaus days are probably over or limited. I had easy access from Dee Vine Wines at their old pier site in SF - now closed.

FYI von Schubert wines are now being imported and distributed by Loosen Bros. USA. They should be very easy to acquire.

Top 3:
Schafer Frohlich
Donnhoff
AJ Adam

And then:
Willi Schaefer
KP Keller
JJ Prum

altogether irrational!

Keller
Emrich-Schönleber
Fritz Haag
Peter Jacob Kuhn
…and thereafter a very mixed bag.

Donnhoff
JJ Prum
Richter
Selbach

There was a brief period where Grunhaus was hard to find, but since the 2011 vintage that has been remedied.

Howard-I tend to find Selbach’s Zeltinger Schlossberg wines more focused and minerally versus the almost exotic Zeltinger Sonnenuhr. Go back 10-12 years when the ripeness was a little less extreme, and my preferences were different.

Donnhoff is far and away #1 (more than twice as many bottles as second place), with Willi Schaefer and Selbach-Oster 2nd and 3rd.

The portion of my cellar dedicated to German wines is relatively small.

David,

Obviously, there is no right or wrong here. I like the Schlossberg a lot but like the Sonnenuhr more.

Grunhaus is easy to find in DC because Phil has it at Bassins.