What are you drinking this weekend?

A few 750mls of Duvel.

Tonight grilling a pork tenderloin and having it with a '06 Roessler Sonoma Coast “Ridges” PN.
Don’t know about tomorrow. Can’t think that far ahead.

Finishing a two day old 2003 Mosaic Vinyards Meritage so I can move on to a 2007 Tablas Creek . I have been waiting to try it.

Cheers

Pat Darby

2008 Scholium Gardens of Babylon or 2002 Thackrey Aquila

Me too! That’s funny.

Good to see a fellow Pole posting - Duvel is one of the only beers I like.

98 Monbo tonight.

Tonite:

Clouet Cuvee 1911
2003 Georges Mugneret-Gibourg Echezeaux

Tomorrow:

???, but likely to be Selosse Initiale and 2006 Pegau.

Popping a Les Taches (unfortunately, not a La Tache). More specifically, a 2008 Robert-Denogent Macon-Fuisse Les Taches. A real style change for this Kermit Lynch import. The oak is dialed back, less rich and leesy, with more precision, structure and verve than vintages from the early to mid 2000’s (and no oxidative character at all, unlike the 2002’s). I like it alot and it’s a re-buy.

Time to celebrate… Bubbles and more!

2006 Novy RRV Syrah tonight.

I’m not sure what I will need after listening to 8 hours of 7th and 8th grade trumpet and horn solos tomorrow. I might need to start with something stronger.

Monte

`05 Clayhouse Hillside Cuvee, Paso Robles. Blend of P Verdot, CS and Malbec and not telling how I got this!!

For dessert, `03 Nicolaysen Late-harvest Pinot Blanc, Bien Nacido Valley.

Post a note please! I have one on the chopping block soon and would love to get a preview of what to expect!

One of my favorite vintages of DP. Haven’t had it in a few years though so would be interested in reading notes thereon.

Best,

N

A very disappointing 2007 Turnbull Cabernet.

Ha! This is a dark beauty. Great nose redolent of black cherries, succulent on the palate with silky smooth tannins. There is that green pepper note but it blends well. This is drinking better for me that a few years back. A nice balanced wine that is in a good place. Enjoy!!

2008 Rezzadore Tai Rosso Monte Oseliera - VERY light in color. Almost like a dark Rose. The nose is incredible. Full of Cranberry, pomegranite, and sour cherry. These flavors echo the palate, along with some underbrush. Truly one of the most unique wines I’ve tasted this year, and for under $15, definitely the best value. I’m trying to pick up another case to have for the summer.

Having dinner at an old favorite Italian place tonight. Sadly, I currently have no Italian in my cav so will probably have Bdx or Burg. Haven’t decided what to bring though; but will post later on on what I decided.

Best,

N

Enjoying a 2000 Wild Duck Creek Heathcote Springflat Shiraz Magnum with oven cooked baby back ribs tonight…and will be enjoying the 2004 Buena Vista Ramal Vineyard Swan Selection Pinot Noir and 2003 Buena Vista Ramal Vineyard Syrah at the delayed Holiday dinner tomorrow night. Should be fun!

2007 Copain Pinot Noir Wentzel tonight.