What are you BUYING?

24-pk Lagunitas IPA. Costco wins at $21.

Just grabbed some NB La Folie 2011…can’t wait to try it. I loved the 09 and 10.

[bye.gif]

I’ve never seen this, my curiosity is piqued.

+1. I see it’s labelled at 9%, too … yowza!

This is batch 10. Not up on their bottle log yet. I pretty excited to taste this. I’ll pop it tomorrow or Tuesday. And save one for later.

Recent purchases:
Abita Turbodog 6-pack
Tap It Brewing IPA
Firestone Double Jack DIPA - found this for $3.99/22 oz. in the fridge at a local Mediterranean restaurant…my friend and I bought the last four they had.

Bret, finding that DoubleJack for $4 is a sick deal! Good job!!

Yeah…we each opened one with lunch and took one home. I really don’t go through a lot of beer, but I thought it was excellent. I’m not over in that area often, but I’m tempted to go back in a week or so and see if there are more on the shelf.

Picked up an Ovila today. Not so good reviews on BA, we shall see.

on it’s way

6 x Deschutes Hop Henge Experimental IPA 22oz
4 x Pliny the Elder
2 x RRBC Blind Pig

$5.99 for a six of Sierra Nevada at the local market. So I picked up the Torpedo.

I bought a growler of Bear Republic Ryevalry for the weekend, and also grabbed a bottle of pranqster, aprihop, Karma, and some other pale ale that obviously didn’t leave much of an impression with me last night (since I can’t remember its name).

Excellent choice.

In celebration of their impending demise of all that is good and holy, picked up Goose Island’s Sophie and Pepe Nero.

That is a great idea.

FINALLY got my hands on some beer with flavor!!

3x Aecht Schlenkerla - Marzen Rauchbier
3x Flying Dog - “Snake Dog” IPA
4x Brewdog - “Punk” IPA
1x 2009 Goose Island - BCS (can’t believe the first time I found this was all the way over here! It was expensive, however, at 8 pound (approx $13 or $14) for a 12oz)
1x Moinette - Bruin (750 mL)
2x 2006-2007 Boon - Oude Gueuze “A L’Ancienne” (750mL) (approx. $12 USD!!!)
1x Querkus - Smoked Oaked Porter
1x Burton Bridge - Burton Porter
1x Harviestoun - “Ola Dubh” 40 year Special Reserve (same price as the BCS, but that still makes it far cheaper than what I saw it for in the States)
1x Cantillon - Gueuze 100% Lambic Bio (Sept. 2010 bottling) (375mL) (these are absurdly affordable over here!)
1x Saison Dupont
1x Buxton Brewery - “Moor Top” Pale Ale
1x 2010 Swannay Brewery - Orkney Porter
1x 2011 Goose Island - “Pepe Nero” (another Goose Island that I’ll be tasting for the first time … If I like this beer and the BCS I’ll probably go back to the store and buy 'em out of their remaining stock, seeing as how these are now collector’s items)
1x Brewdog - “Avery, Brown, Dredge” Imperial Pilsener (I was actually gifted this bottle by Zak Avery, the proprietor of the shop where I bought all these beers, with the idea that next time I’m in his store I’ll give him what I think it was worth – pretty cool!. It’s actually Zak’s last name that appears as part of this beer’s name, as he and two other beer writers consulted with Brewdog in creating this brew)

Wow. Quite the haul. How much is the ‘Old Dubh’ over there?

Cris,
It was 7.99 pounds for a 11.2 oz. bottle. (so, about $13 USD). Important to note that price was for the “40,” rather than the 12, 18, or 30.

Hi-Times sells it for $20.

1x Hardknott - Infra Red IPA Ruby Red Ale
1x Williams Bros. - Kelpie Seaweed Ale (for the focus tasting)
1x Williams Bros. - Scots Pine Ale (for the focus tasting)
1x Grozet - aged with citrus fruits (for the focus tasting)
1x Kernel - Export India Porter
1x Kernel - IPA Black (this London-based producer was highly recommended as being very hoppy in the vein of American IPA’s)
1x Kernel - IPA Citra
1x Kernel - IPA 4C
1x Liefman’s - Goudenband (375mL)
1x 2010 Dupont - La Biere de Beloeil (750mL)
6x Brewdog - Punk IPA
2x 2009 Goose Island - Bourbon County Stout
1x 2010 Dogfish/Birra - My Antonia Continuously-hopped Imperial Pilsener (750mL)