Virtual Tasting Series: Compendium 2015 - WB Charity **README**

I doubt I own a single TRB wine. Maybe I will blow through two bottles of 8% alc Riesling Kabinett and call it good enough.

I’ll give you credit for a 5.9% TBA, but I think under 6% you have to call it a Wine Product instead of wine.

The lyric from “My Back Pages” by Dylan just jumped out at me, “Ah, but I was so much older then/I’m younger than that now.”

I’ve got 5 or 10 years on you, so that when you progress a few more years, you will as young as I am and be able to handle the higher octane stuff.

Ha, Jay! That’s what my Dad keeps saying as he happily sucks down all those 100-point, 2007 CDPs that I acquired in silly haste! Clearly he has built a tolerance over 50 years of partying. There is a correlation between Jay’s behavior, guns and purple drank . . . . [wow.gif]

Hey everyone. I have arrived at a theme and what my donation levels will look like. Before I list those, I want to remind everyone that my week benefits Laura’s House here in the OC. Their mission is to provide emergency housing for women and children, as well as counseling and recovery therapy, followed by transitional living and support post-program. https://www.laurashouse.org/ if you would like to see a video or photos, you can also see their Facebook page. Redirecting...

Date: 11/21- 12/2
Theme: Pinot Noir, can be from anywhere on the planet.
Donation: $5 per note. I will pay $10 if you post a note AND a photo of you drinking the wine (not a photo of the bottle but one of you enjoying the bottle. The intent is to get to know each other and humanize who we are).

Brig, please adjust the dates for my tasting period. I want my efforts to cross over 2 weekends to give people the best chance to taste and post TNs.

Frankie, only cause I love you, will I post this picture in my full glory. I’ve been up since 6 AM, with hangover, drove up to University of Florida for the Gator homecoming game, did some early morning tailgating, sat in a hot stadium, all afternoon watching a dull boring crappy game (yea, had some club access A/C :wink:), then went to a tapas bar with my Sis and the kids and knocked back a pitcher of Sangria. The Mofongo is sitting heavy in my gut. We just got in, big Sis wanted an old world wine, and lo and behold, I popped the only pinot noir in my home fridge. Alas, you timely and coincidentally post this.

So here it is, no shower, no shave, day-long hat head, eyes and everything else in rough shape, beat tired, but enjoying a wonderful basic Burg in all its small tart berry and underbrush glory, a perfect way to end a very grand day. Cheers FMIII, you are a good egg.

The Boys enjoying the game, my son Nick on the left, my nephew on the right.

I’m gonna hurt tomorrow . . . .

Okay FMIII date and theme adjusted.

You can start the new week 1 VTS thread on the 21st, so sooner… You can use the format from last year to cut and paste the initial thread.

Like this one

The following weeks I’ll start the individual threads to keep the flow going.

Alf, even though we are still a few weeks away from the challenge, I have to make one exception and we’ll have your note be the first one to ring the $10 donation bell. Thanks for sharing yourself and your only home fridge PN.

Brig, I’ll do as I am told when we kick off and you can check my work.

In light of the recent refugee crisis, I’m donating to The International Rescue Committee. This group helps refugees through a wide range of programs. Rated **** by Charity Navigator, and A+ by Charitywatch, the IRC uses 92% of funds on actual program services. http://www.rescue.org/

My tasting note challenge is related to a recent thread I started on Pizza Wines. Here it is:

If you post a tasting note for a “pizza wine”, I’ll donate $5. If you include a picture of the wine with some pizza, I’ll double it to $10.

Frank: I hope your wallet is stuffed. I just realized that we will once again have a large cooking crew of winos Saturday and Sunday preparing pre-Thanksgiving dinner for the family homeless shelter in White Plains, which just happens to be your week, so I may be able to post dozens of theme-appropriate photos and TNs.

Frank has week 1 up and running.in wine talk. Let the games began.

WEEK 2 is posted - QPR!!!

I am going to adjust my theme because I think it might be too hard as is. I will say “Young Napa Cabs, meaning 2007 or later for $5 and $10 if it was made by Thomas Rivers Brown.”

Updated your theme. Good call.

Week 3 is posted WEEK 3 - Virtual Tasting for Charity -Cabernet Sauvignon from Around the World - SC Flood Relief - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

thanks scott brunson

Always such a great idea and love seeing the generosity of members. Thanks to all for continuing this unique and special tradition. Where I can, I will be posting TNs (managed a number for the Pinot thread…just 'cause I love you, Frankie!)

Mike

Alf, your week starts in 3 days. How long you going to keep us in suspense? [whistle.gif]

Ha, the pressure! I’m thinking, I’m thinking!

OK, you’re live! Really like the raffle and auction!!!

Ooh. Ooh. My turn! Cali Cabs from the great 2007 vintage forward. An extra $5 if your wine was made by Thomas Rivers Brown, which gives you a lot of choices. I suppose I need a definition of “made by” so how about if we say that it’s $5 if he was really the primary winemaker. I’ll make it $1 if he was the consultant but not the primary winemaker since “from the school of Rembrandt” doesn’t mean that Rembrandt painted it.

I have no idea what belongs on the list of $10 wines, but Schrader, Outpost, Rivers Marie, Black Sears, Maybach, Johnson and Hobel, at least for some years, ring the bell. I will try to get a better list.