Virtual Tasting- One from the other side. July 4th weekend.

Mike -

Just don’t pair me with one of those Purple Drank Ho wanna-be AWFEs like Jeb!

I have some standards . . . .

:wink:

I’m in, but I wanted Keith. The prospect of asking him to choose from Pax 1.0, Outpost or Carlisle is hard to resist. [cheers.gif]

I’ll be on the A Team!

Just pair me with someone in NYC and we’ll swap bottles in person.

I would gladly take the challenge of Jay.

He just thinks I’m going to let him drink one of my Scholium Margits. No chance. I would go with my Charles Smith Royal City Syrah, but that’s cruel and unusual punishment.

watch your $ limits gentlemen.

I already have Pax 1.0, Outpost and Rivers Marie with CT my price at under $50. BUT can the paired competitors agree between themselves to a higher limit? Your choice - it’s your game. I express no opinion. I wouldn’t give him my Royal City Syrah regardless - I’m saving it for my first grandchild’s wedding and my kids need to get cracking for that to happen.

Charles Smith Royal City Syrah is a bit higher. :slight_smile:

It was a joke. The Charles Smith Royal City Syrah is the only wine I have ever had that even I thought was too intense.

My joke-radar must be off. Must realign… :slight_smile:
I own some of those.

Bad news, everyone: http://www.futurepundit.com/archives/009487.html

Someone who insists you ought to like some food you hate has a different genetic variant and should stop trying to make you suffer.

Please please please let me reiterate, this exercise is purely voluntary and at any moment anyone can change his or her mind and I will be happy to remove their names from the list. I am 100% sure when we speak genetics we are really all the same— just some have better taste in wines than others. :slight_smile:

Interesting to see Kimberly Cabot on the new world list when, IMHO, her wines are stylistically old world.

Is there a correlation between the Chinese food gene and the Kohanim gene?

Could we have Todd French put a sticky on this thread?

Bump. Not that I am a particular fan of animals (even though I enjoy spending time with the rest of you), but the Staten Island Animal Shelter needs those contributions.

Thanks, Jay. Plenty of diplaced cats and dogs from the storm.
I thought we’d get more action than this. I will pair you all in a day or two.

I’d think FMIII and Brig would be all over this!

I’m game…I’ll stand for Team Old World

After serious thought and analysis as discussed below, I offer the following three options to whomever King Cab elects as my designated victim.

2006 Glaetzer Anaperenna CT 91.2
2005 Pax Syrah Obsidian Vineyard CT 91.9
2006 Rivers-Marie Cabernet Sauvignon CT 92.2

Three different winemakers. All known for being the devil’s spawn when it comes to making very flavorful and forward wines. Two different continents. I own multiple bottles of each so I can verify the note that is posted. The latter two were bought direct when released and the Glaetzer I have had for over four years. Originally purchased from Wine Library. I paid less than $50 for each. I believe these three exemplify the modern new world fruit forward flavorful style. I decided to go with the Pax instead of the Outpost Grenache because three different winemakers was better than three different grapes, and TRB makes the Outpost and the R-M.

in
I can play for either team.
Wait, what I meant to say was…

I can challenge Brother Alfert