Village Wines in Nashville?

He may just trying to be unloading his personal collection

Could be, but whoever inputted the data in the screens is not much of a ‘wine person’.
Also if he has a personal collection, he better sell it really quick if the stories are true, as the courts are going to make him disgorge that pretty fast.

“Monfertino”. A 100 point wine site mis-spelling the name of one of the greatest wines of Italy?

2009 Fourrier ‘Lavaux St. Jacques’ for $785 per bottle. Forget the price that’s probably a double vs WSPro, I don’t think Fourrier has any Lavaux St. Jacques (of course they have Clos St Jacques).

I’m sure there are a ton more mistakes, I just got shocked by prices and stopped looking. $1,000 for 2008 Grivot ‘Richebourg’??? $3,000 for 2009 Latour??? $1,200 for 2000 Pavie??? Maybe Hoyt forgot that this is an internet wine offering, easily comparable vs other internet wine offerings. Maybe he thought he was making up the wine list for the French Laundry or Per Se???

Def not the wine list for Troisgros…popped my Coche Perrieres cherry for 360E.

Wow, that’s a sweet price, esp in a restaurant. Love that place, the classic Lobster done 2 ways, also the hotel upstairs, makes it so easy to overindulge and then just off to sleep…

I do love me some Monfertino… :slight_smile:

Someone should get label pictures to determine if they were “made in China”

I’m puzzled as to how this new venture could be going on if he is sitting under the weight of a $2M Ponzi scheme.

Costs little to just put up a website? Esp if it’s hardcoded?

Yeah. Me too.

So is someone going to tell us what happened here ?

So as near as I can make out from 1,000 miles away, Hoyt seems to have sold wine for forward delivery, can’t make delivery (he doesn’t have the wine) and can’t return the money (it’s gone?). According to people on the phone, it’s upwards of 40 people on the hook for varying amounts, and the total is in excess of $2,000,000.00, so an average of $80,000.00 of wine per person, undelivered.
Terrible story, seems to be like a slow motion train wreck that happened over the course of the last few years.
Hoyt had amazing wine connections (in Burgundy, Northern Rhone), he got fantastic bottles into the store, and was a great retailer for such a long period of time, terrible to see it end this way (if the info is correct).

Thanks Peter. Yes very sad if true.

2 million gone? Seems like more than a few years.

Yep, sure seems like that would take more than a few years. Maybe it went on for much longer, and got bigger and bigger over time?

Wow. And that was only 9 months ago. Crazy…

How in the hell would 40+ souls be dumb enough to give someone $80K on a promise to deliver something in the future. Maybe $5K, even $10K, but $80K?? Good Lord!!! Do things like this ever lead to prison time??

One simple explanation is Bordeaux Futures.

80K is not that much to some people.

Sherry Lehmann for example is/was selling 2011 Latour for $8,400 a case. So, 9 cases is 75K+. Extremely easy to run up that big of a bill if not more. Just imagine buying futures for all 5 first growths, 2 cases each, maybe a case of mags, over a couple of vintages, etc… And that’s just bordeaux…

http://www.sherry-lehmann.com/red-wine/B3480/Latour-Pauillac-2011

I thought this would be the answer. Another case of too much money and not enough sense. [snort.gif]

Always the debate, but if someone offers you 3pk Conti, DRC Mags and volume of many other rare birds, the tab can get up there pretty quickly.
I think I am above average intelligence. I would love to have the cash to have “not enough sense.” To each his own!