Value experiment

I agree, one of the more interesting threads on here recently, even though none of the wines sounds especially interesting. I admire how earnestly you encounter and experience these modest bottles.

Ditto. Very interesting thread — perhaps I’ll do the same next time I put together a case of cheapies (granted, I do tend to pick my own (often with some help from staff) and my cheapie case tends more towards $180 than $120 … nonetheless, I’d like to see others do this). Thanks, Dan!

Thanks to all. I’ll be posting on a couple of fine, more upscale bottles I enjoyed while on my selling trip.

to Chris Seiber: I make my living primarily on wines that sell for $10 - 20. I have a vested interest in and consider it my job to pay close attention to every wine I taste.

Dan Kravitz

Thanks for the very interesting notes. I have more than my share of LastBottle and WTSO wines, and I appreciate the care taken to value these “lesser” offerings. There is certainly a place for these…

Very interesting indeed. I order a mystery case and pretty much also got the same bottles you did, only difference being a bottle of 2014 Ernie Els the Big Easy in place of the Nero d’Avola…Not sure of the wording but I would have thought a bit more variety in the cases that went out as odds and ends were being packaged up and sent out. For some rough thoughts, I gifted the Els, and drank 3 bottles so far:
I liked the Folin the best thought it most interesting,
thought the CdR was ok about what you could get for just above $10 (a win I guess), and was not a fan of the Squadra

Thanks for the fun read, Dan. I can’t order from Last Bottle, but would have pulled the trigger if it was an option.