TN: Mostly Bordeaux dinner with Bob

Sounds great Kevin; the journey is an important part of the appreciation.

ballers.

Well done.

My bandwidth could not support such a vinous cornucopia.

Now…I know why you rated the 2012 Marcassin 97 points and no red burgundy. pileon

Yes - life is here for enjoyment - don’t face the full moon with empty glass… champagne.gif

Cole,
You are a bit part of that journey. You are the first person that I met in OL at I Matti along with my cousin and Charles. BTW, Charles was at the dinner.

Wow! Great wines. Thanks.

How is Bob looking these days? I hope he is feeling better.

Josh,
He is actually doing really well. Believe it or not, one of the most fun guys to drink wine with. No more beard.

Dude…seriously. Buzz off.

Yes, Charles posted a photo on Twitter and I reacted to that.

[scratch.gif] I haven’t even taken delivery of my 11’s yet.

Great notes and what an event. I have been to several dinners with Bob over the years, and Kevin is right…he is a fabulous host. Thanks for sharing.

It’s way more balla’ to be someone who just refers to him as Bob. It would be like saying “I’m spending the weekend on George’s boat” and everyone just knows you’re referring to Clooney and his yacht anchored off of Cannes.

I was fortunate to get to have 1994 Harlan (in fact, it was in a tasting the notes for which comprised my very first post on WB), and it really is a spectacular wine. As in this case, even within a tasting of many spectacular bottles, it can still stand out.

He wants to post about these grotesquely hedonistic nights, he’s opening himself to criticism for it. Drinking wine in this way is an insult to the wine.

The 12 coche corton Charlie wrote back to my email. Told me “it’s all good”

I haven’t heard back from the other wines on if they felt they were insulted.

Yeah much better to line up a bunch of wines you know you dont like then bitch and complain about them

Kevin: Great notes and thanks posting. I have always admired your writing style and palate. I am attending a major 1982 Bordeaux tasting in September. I hope our wines show as well as these did.
We will have 12 in attendance so hopefully we won’t insult the wines! [snort.gif]
Cheers!
Marshall [cheers.gif]

+1 [thumbs-up.gif]

I can sympathize with David’s point of view. However for some of us, it is all about having fun. We talked and talked and laughed and laughed none stop for almost five hours.
I am sure that you guys are happy to hear that two days later, I drank a bottle of the 70 Petrus at home and that was the only wine served. champagne.gif

neener

Dude - it’s just wine. There is no set strategy to drinking it. If you like to sit with a single bottle and contemplate the subtleties and nuances for hours - that is awesome! If you like to have blind tastings with challenging wines - that is awesome! If you like drinking an abundance of great wines with others - that is awesome!

The only insult I see in this thread is your posts.