TN: d'Angerville Volnay Champans 2010 - Oh Boy!

Have had three btls of this over the last 18 months. All have been fabulous and very open. Suspect that the window is/will close soon but a very enjoyable, giving wine even at this stage.

Good for you Eric…3 times [wow.gif]

Gather ye rose while ye may.

Here is really what I would like to say in my previous post :

Wine drinking is for enjoyment. When to open it is subjective. Should it also be objective ?

Yes, it should be if you are sure the wine should be at its readiness/or maturity according to your preference; but that being said, considering red burgundy’s notorious reputation for unreliability and an infuriatingly low strike rate, one should visit the wine periodically or as often as you could … [cheers.gif]

Had one of these in march off the list at Bouchon in Vegas ($210) and was equally impressed. Although young this was great, crunchy red pinot fruit and spices. It was a little monolithic but the complexity will obviously come later. A great value in red burg. I bought 6@$110 as soon as I got home. Money in the bank.

That’s disappointing. Wasn’t 2012 yet another Volnay hail year? Guess I will wait for the 2014 D’Angervilles… oh wait, that was ALSO another hail year. Sad. The 2009s are breath-taking, and I have some 2010s I won’t be opening for a while.