TN: 2013 Sandler Wine Company Pinot Noir Bien Nacido Vineyard

O.K. Ed, I cheated rather than make a fool of myself here.

I went looking for the answer and found the follwing in a post here on WB in a thread begun by Brig Campbell in May…

“The 2012 Karamy White Wine is a 50/50 blend of Marsanne and Roussanne. It’s entirely from Saralee’s Vineyard in the Russian River Valley. The Marsanne and Roussanne were picked and fermented separately in netural, French oak barrels. It took a while for the Roussanne to complete its fermentation, 10 months, actually. The Marsanne went dry in only about a month’s time. Blending was carried out only a few days before the bottling, in January 2014. Karamy is a 50/50 combination of my two sisters’ names, Karen and Amy. With a nose of honey, nutmeg and bee’s wax, the 2012 Karamy has a soft, mouthfilling texture that combines the flavors of pear, anise and key lime. It’s drinking well already and should continue to do so through 2015.”

Best,

Bob

Agreed. This one is not lacking in flavor nor body, but not over the top. I would say it is a pretty solid middle-of-the-road Pinot (not AFWE, not candied).

Karamy sounds very interesting…was this a one off or will we see it again in the future?