TN: 2011 Domaine du Vissoux / Pierre-Marie Chermette Fleurie Les Garants [7.20.13 Update]

I’ve not tried Chanrion yet.

Thivin has been a favorite since the first bottle I tried (an 05 on release). Its acidity plus burly structure and absence of any soft Beaujolais bubble gum immediately won me over. Not the most elegant rendition, but soulful.

Cheers.

Have had another round of '11s this past week, sitting right now with a little Poncie on this very hot Florida afternoon. Spent about an hour lakeside while the kids jet-skiied, and I caved in the heat. Watching the PGA now with the A/C blasting. This Poncie really is quite decent. Not at the level of the Les Garants, but a very solid Beaujolais for $22. Delicious fruit, light on rocks and minerals. I’m rooting for the old guy, Furyk.

A bunch of Thivins and Vissoux Moulin-a-Vent Les Trois Roches coming in on Tuesday. Have not tried the latter, but based on the 2011 Vissouxs so far, I’m pretty certain they are gonna rock.

I found three of the '11 Garants for $14.99 at our local Food Co-op a couple of weeks ago. Two days ago, I picked up five of the 2010 Coudert Fleurie Clos de la Roilette Griffe du Marquis for $24@ at the other co-op across town. I’ve been blessed by the Bojo Gods and a good eye.

INSANE

I would have bought everything there!

Love, love, love the Griffe du Marquis.

Ok so if this is a Bojo thread, opened a 2011 Ducroux Regnie tonite, sure wish I had more than the 3 bot. I could pickup at Chambers in the spring. Talk about crunchy fruit, man that wine is good…

I did buy every one of them!

F*%k me: good prices, good eye.

BTW, the 2011 Vissoux Moulin a Vent is smokin’ as well!

Yummy. . . .

Open now? Seems early - I’m just starting to eye my bottles of Traditionelle.

Modestly. Clearly one that will benefit from time but I really do like the 2011s young. I was checking on this bottling of Vissoux to see if I should order larger quantities, which I will.

Enjoyed the last of the 2012 version yesterday (the Fleurie). Opened the day before. The aromatics: WOW. Lean character but excellent balance. And @ sub 20$!!

Opened another '11 Les Garants tonight. While I still love the wine, it’s getting to that point where you’re much better waiting unless you have a big stash. It clearly has the structure to become something very special, but right now seems to be showing more future promise than present glory.