TN- 2009 M. Lapierre, Morgon

Was Metras ever excluded?..or just a late arrival?

RT

The story I heard is that he does not like paperwork and has no trouble selling out in France.

Isn’t Breton the 5th and Diochin is the true 4th?

Jb

I have quite a pile of the 05 Thivin Cote de; it was a favorite among the 05s. A bottle we opened last year that was fine. Plan to open another next week to gauge whether to buy again in 09 and will post if it’s bad.

His Cote de Brouilly is a structured wine and needs some age, so it’s a waste if it can’t for some reason. 07 would be an early drinker, of course.

I loved the 05’s Thivin cote de Brouilly.
I purchased many on closeout.
Just bought some of the 09- not on closeout. (B-21)
I did reload today with a solid case of the 09 Lapierre Morgon $17.99btl.
When it is on, it is brilliant

Where did you get them, Suzanne? Maybe I’ll spring for some (which would mean 4 different '09 Morgons in my cellar, but why not?).

you won’t be sorry. I’ve got a case (minus 2), but wouldn’t mind more. $18 is stealing.
alan

$18 is definitely a steal for this wine. I paid closer to $23 at Kermit Lynch, but then he has to be careful not to undercut his retailers. Probably with a case discount I could bring it down to $21…

purchased at grand cru wines (gcwines.net)

Thanks for your order Suzanne!

For those that are interested, I will have 36 more bottles tomorrow.

thanks for the great pricing and fast shipping Craig.

Your welcome!

That’s a really great price, Suzanne!

As you know, I’ve gone hog wild over this wine. I’ve already downed nine bottles and have a case left. The good news is I managed to get six of those bottles to off-site storage, so now I can’t get my grubby mitts on them and will be able to see how they develop.

You’re welcome, Alan. That it high praise, indeed, coming from you. This unsulphured bottling should be beautiful for many years coming out of your 50 degree cellar. You may have noticed in the New York Times obituary for Marcel Lapierre about which you posted in another thread Kermit Lynch’s comments that this unsulphured cuvee is “voluptuous and rounded” and that the sulphured cuvee is “squared-off.”

I stand by my word that when the 09 Foillard cuvees (and the 07 Foillard cuvee 3.14 and 09 Lapierre cuvee Marcel Lapierre) arrive in a couple of weeks, there will be some with your name on them if you want them. Also, if you want some more of this 09 Lapierre cuvee “N,” there is some resting in a cold, dark place in my warehouse which you may have.

I just ordered some from Craig B. Too good to pass up. Can’t wait for my Foillard Cote du Py’s to come in as well. The 05 can be an etheral Bojo experience but out of the 3-4 I’ve cracked, there has been some variance in how they’ve showed.

Looks like Faryan took all but 1 bottle.

Craig, will you have more anytime soon?

The 07 Foillard’s very good, too. But pricey now.

I had this out of 375ml the other night (375s all have SO2)-

A nice wine, but blind I would have never guessed Gamay. Relatively dense, polished, rich… Not exactly what I come to Boo-juice to find. I will go back to buying 08’s and opening older vintages.

Tyler,
Yep, just put 3 more cases up.

[thankyou.gif]

Craig