TN: 2008 Domaine Dujac Vosne-Romanee 'Malconsorts' 1er

As a general observation I was never a big fan of 2007 - found them a bit soft centred and thus bought sparingly. I have had Dujac’s village MSD a couple of times and whilst decent I find it the weakest MSD I can recall. I think that I still have a couple of bots each CSD, CDlR, BM, Gruenchers but cant actually recall tasting one.

Apparently the odd man out, but I’ve actually liked the 07 Malconsorts. Bought it in mags for some reason, and it’s been drinking well. Last one was a year ago. With a few exceptions (including Charlie), the CT notes are consistently good.

The echezeaux is an incredible wine in 07 for dujac.

Can’t disagree on that Charlie. Sadly I didn’t buy the 07 Eche, but a friend opened a mag at dinner last year and it was absolutely delicious.

Anyone check in on 06 malconsorts lately?

There was a discussion here (another thread) about the liability of CT notes … this is another example why I don´t give very much for it … the 07 Malconsorts/Dujac is “good” … but not more than that … it´s too light and lacking a lot …
(I had a lot of stunning 07s … but this is not one of these …)

Excellent prediction. Right now, McIlroy is 5 over, Spieth 5 under!

I popped a 2007 about a year ago. It was the most serious 2007 I’ve had and I may not have given it enough air (respect). It was kind of clunky until two hours in and then it turned to silk. I was serving it at tasting for another WBer who was in town. It was a vivid moment when we both looked up from our glasses at the same time. Ended up being the WOTN.

I won’t open the next for a long time.