TN: 1996 Lynch Bages and the problem with CT scores

Jeff you cranky bastard, just enjoy your wine!

PS. One of my 2017 resolutions was to drink more bdx. Only partially succeeding in that, but Sunday dinner is a good time to make it happen.

Thanks Brad…we need to get together and drink LOTS of Bordeaux! Tuscon next March with the gang out there?

[rofl.gif]

That therapist rates 95 pts!

On CT but only one star on Yelp! [wow.gif]

5 stars on TripAdvisor, though! [cheers.gif]

I shared personal information to help Jeff, and you guys are making light of it.

Didn’t know we work for you therapist, didja? :wink:

Should have gone with, “My therapist recommended I stop using Yelp, so I gave her one star on Yelp.” [cheers.gif]

Back to OP… Expecting everyone to enjoy a personal favorite as much as you do is unrealistic. It’s not worth stressing about or even paying the slightest bit of attention to.

I love 1996 Lynch-Bages. A very attractive and useful wine. I have not had it with much frequency, but I have had a few times since release and I do not recall it ever shutting down.

On the question of amateur 100 point scores- in various tastings over the years I have seen countless people use the 100 point score either at the table or in posting notes online after the fact.

I almost never see any of those people actually fill out a score sheet- which is the most important basic and consistent tool to make you stop and think for a moment when giving a score (and this is just the most basic requirement.)

To each his own, but I have several thousand tasting notes and gave up using the 100 point scale long ago (and yes, I had a score sheet I filled out each time.) I do not taste with the frequency required to properly use such a scale- the vast majority of us do not. So while every person is certainly free to use it for their own purposes, the 100 point scale- in my opinion- yields no value to others unless your scoring methodology is disclosed and consistently applied (and even then, only if there are tens of thousands of TNs to your credit that users can view to help calibrate their own expectations to yours.)

Wouldn’t you care if they liked a particular wine? After all, wouldn’t that help you identify a wine as one you’d probably not like?