Time to Fight about Hot Sauces!

So I got my “Todd’s” Inner Beauty yesterday. Still has that unique flavor, but seems hotter than hell. Either it’s hotter than it was many years ago or I just cannot tolerate the heat I could when I was younger. It was fun to introduce this to my teenagers who love spicy food. “Holy crap Dad, this tastes incredible but it’s so hot!” [cheers.gif]

I bought some of the BLiS sauce from the list. It’s not very hot, but I like it quite a bit. Good flavor.

I hadn’t seen Todd’s comment or I would have agreed on this one, too. Growing up we always had the basic Pickapeppa on cream cheese as a dip for holidays. Recently I found the “hot Pickapeppa” and it is so delicious. I got it at DD Meats in Mountlake Terrace. If you live in the PNW and you have never been to DD Meats you’ve got to go. It’s a butcher shop with 5 aisles of hot sauce, bbq sauces, salsas, dips, rubs, flavored salts, etc. Hot sauce Mecca for sure.

I know many chefs that love their sherry vin

wonder why people are so against Sriracha? I really like it on eggs but really curious about these other hot sauces. Actually tried a bottle of Pickapeppa, it was sweet and not very hot, but tasty. smelled like A1 sauce initially lol. I was told that it might go well with something like pulled pork…

I’m against Sriracha because I don’t really enjoy the flavor, which is normally fine (no skin off my back if people like different stuff than I do), but it has become so ubiquitous that it’s hard to avoid.

Awesome! I loved the old Inner Beauty sauce. I will definitely be getting an order of the reboot.

Cholula is my go to sauce in that it can be bulk bought at Costco. We also alway have Sriracha and Dave’s a Insanity for when one need’s sphincter searing heat. F.F.Coppola makes a sauce called Blancaneaux Blood Red that’s really good heat with depth.

I use a couple of the others on the the list. The Yucateco and Lottie’s. Though I get the yellow Lottie’s. It has a lot of mustard in it, even more than Inner Beauty, but has that combo of heat, mustard, and fruitiness. There are two sauces I buy in Hawaii. One is called Hawaiian Volcano sauce. It’s a good straight ahead hot sauce with some fruit undertone. Another is called Molokai Banana Coconut Curry hot sauce. It tastes as it sound. It’s a little unusual in that it has limited uses, but on something like grilled shrimp,it just works.

The one hot sauce I just don’t like is Tapatio and unfortunately it’s everywhere on the tables of cheap taquerias.

That’s the “regular” Pickapeppa. The hot stuff is basically the same flavor profile plus some chile heat. I really dig it.