Thomas 2014 Release

That’s not true, assuming John didn’t lie to me. He doesn’t have a tank large enough to fit his entire blend so he piecemeals it in several smaller blends until each barrel is equally represented for bottling.

Is there anywhere that one can actually preorder this? PM would be appreciated if it’s not okay to post here.

Maybe the person who talked about not blending the barrels was wrong, but it came from a winery manager of winery here that no one disputes is one of the best in Oregon, so I took it at face value. And I’m a nurse, so maybe no one blends their barrels, or everyone does, honestly I have no idea. I just thought the comment was interesting, and considering the source, reputable.

Considering he uses new and neutral oak, if he didn’t blend them he’d have some massively different bottles.

Sent my check in Monday and it’s been cashed!

It’s mostly direct from the Winery but a number of Portland retailers get an allocation: Mt. Tabor, Great Wine Buys, Oregon Wines on Broadway, etc.

Michael, Call the number in post #2 of this thread from Gary Ahearn and ask to be put on mailing list. You’ll most likely go to VM so leave mailing address. May still be able to buy direct from winery if he sends you the offer mailer.

Sent my check last Friday and it has not been cashed?? this can’t be good…

He’s a one man show and this is a very busy time of year.

Based on my own personal experiences and that of a number of OR Pinot-heads, massive differences have been observed on occasion. Is it the blending? Hard to know…but somewhere along the line something didn’t go as planned. He never seems to have a bad vintage but “off” bottles for a given vintage (not talking “corked”) crop up more frequently than they do for other Berserker “darlings”. YMMV.

RT

Even when wines are blended in a single tank I don’t believe it’s ever truly homogenized. John’s method of blending leaves a lot to the imagination, for sure. I’m not saying his wines don’t have bottle variation (I’ve experienced this as well) I’m just saying I believe he does indeed blend.

Are others still waiting for their checks to be cashed? Sent mine a while ago and it is still outstanding. Thanks.

Ryan,
I sent mine on 10/9 and it’s been cashed. Maybe you should confirm yours was received.
Cheers,
Warren

Took a few weeks but my check was cashed…

Mine was cashed too, about a week after I mailed it.

Mine is not cashed yet.

Good news for you, mine was.

Does anyone know when he tends to ship? I know it just seems to show up but when might be nice to know. :slight_smile:

The post card said the release was Nov 1st, so I assume everything will begin shipping over the next couple of weeks.

Mine will arrive tomorrow. Initially scheduled for today but I delayed it a day…