This doesn't suck: Some Good Wine in NYC

Campy! First time i have seen him mentioned on a wine board.

As one who usually finds David’s tone off-putting (I often wonder, “does this guy enjoy anything?”), it seemed pretty clear that he was was mocking himself as much as he was trolling others with the Texier comment. The remainder of his comments about the store itself made me want to shop there (“Holy Crap! If DavidZ thinks this store is worthwhile, it must be great!”), which was precisely his intention.

And I still think Dan Rosenheck should include a disclaimer in his signature line. [cheers.gif]

Was just at the store yesterday as I was staying down the street. Nice selection and representation (30 Corsican wines!).

Since this thread has been partially hijacked (at David’s own provocation) anyway, I would note that the idea that he doesn’t like anything is definitely misguided. I actually once bothered to count the numerous tasting notes he had posted to WB over the preceding months, and a comfortable majority were quite positive. But of course–and speaking as a journalist, I know this well–positive notes (or articles) tend to draw 0-3 responses and get forgotten, whereas negative ones, particularly those written in a combative tone, spark thousand-post flame wars and determine a poster’s reputation.

That’s only because some posters know David and infer their opinion on the thread. As for me, I don’t know much about Texier. That means me, and readers like me, read this thread and wondered what the heck is/was going on.