The Meat In Meatballs

Ever been to IKEA? They don’t tell you whats in their Sweedish meatballs, per-say. Or should I say, per-neigh…

Bob, if we get you a course in remedial reading of all things upside-down, you can understand what you are seeing here.

I understand what I’m reading just fine. Do you see the word “Reggiano” anywhere on that label? No, you don’t; and that’s assuming the label is accurate. Are you being intentionally argumentative, dense and obtuse?

It may be Parmigiano but it is NOT Parmigiano Reggiano which, by law (Denominazione di Origine Protetta), contains only raw cow’s milk. I’m sorry if my tendency to expose the crap you post in Politics for the claptrap it is has clouded your view of me and my observations and has carried over to food, but you are simply wrong here.

Have a lovely day.

Dude, read from top down. You started this shitstorm. Stick that Snort smiley up your ass. Your attemp at being coy has failed.

Yeah, I’m the one who told you to stick something up your ass.

Look, you were incorrect then and you’re incorrect now. Check your tender ego at the door and say three Hail Marys.

Have a lovely day.

While we’re at it, may I suggest you look up the definition of “coy”?

Anywayz, geting back too my original recipee, that’s how I does it and the meatballz are the rave around here.
The chese is an awwsome version of Parm-reg.

I have had good luck with 1:1:1 beef - veal - pork, 1 egg per lb of meat, 1/3 cup cheese per lb

Also did all beef recently and very happy with the result, beef was La Frieda 80% lean

I like 1:1 ground lamb and ground beef, one egg per pound of meat, grated romano and/or parmigiano in some quantity that I can recognize but have never measured and depends on my mood that day anyway (somewhere between 1/2 cup and 1 cup grated is my best guess), and the smallest quantity of bread crumbs necessary for everything to hold together–I just knead and add those in last until it all feels right.

Usual method of preparation: salt immediately before browning, brown them in olive oil, remove and set aside, use what’s now a pool of olive oil and meatball fat as the base for a quick tomato sauce, get that sauce going, then simmer meatballs in that sauce until cooked through.

Made these Canora Veal and Ricotta meatballs with a basic red sauce for the SB and they were great. Super moist with great flavor.

I think the key was the triple grind…the texture was awesome and I’ll be doing this with any meat I use in future meatballs

Wow. Thank you so much for digging up some vintage Bob Wood. Made my day!

That’s some jump there… but very timely! I’ve had some great meatballs at a couple places lately and realized that one aspect that made me sit up and take notice about them was the silkier than usual texture. So I did some research and it seems this is attributed to the inclusion of ricotta - which the grubstreet recipe includes lots of. The recipes that we’ve tried split the total cheese into about half ricotta and half parm or other salty hard Italian cheese.

He was a feisty guy, that’s for sure.