The 2014 Truffle Thread

Glad to know. They have almost had me with a couple of their sales.

I emailed them after having issues with my first order and they offered me a refund or replacement. The replacement truffles were better than the first ones by a wide margin. IIRC, others how have posted on this board were not offered a refund or replacement when they contacted the seller, so no guarantee from me about their customer service. YMMV

Quick update - I worked out an acceptable solution via email with Urbani.

IMG_0501.JPG
This was a monster white truffle I got some slices from at SPQR in San Francisco last month.

Here is the 3 oz beauty we are consuming tonight:
FullSizeRender-2.jpg
IMG_2093.JPG

Closed out the white truffle season tonight at The Factory Kitchen celebrating Michael’s 31st birthday. Trifola d’alba - long egg~pasta, shaved white truffle - in a puddle of egg yolk and butter, with an egg yolk nested on top. Chef Angelo Auriana stirred it all together at the table and shaved away. The second time I’ve eaten this dish this season. Stupendous. Angelo shaved even more truffle on Michael’s serving as it was his birthday and “together we are Michelangelo.” Washed down with 2001 Giacosa Falletto. A good night.

Damn Mark , that looks good. Angelo told my wife he wanted to hook us up for a special dinner. I might have to go soon and beg for (or supplement in) that dish. What was the going rate?. If they let us bring more than two bottles there, we’D go even more often than the every 6-8 weeks that we already do…

$110/portion, but the portion is very large and Angelo is very liberal with his shaver. Matteo and his lovely wife Francine are in Canada on vacation and FK had only two truffles (good size) remaining. Worth a shot.