Thanksgiving - What Wine are You Serving?

2005 Bartlett Pear Winemaker’s Reserve with dinner…who knows what after?

That wine was fantastic when I opened it two years ago. It was a pop and pour.
Opened towards the end of a Bedrock tasting led by Morgan and his dad.
From what I recall, the wine had quite the streak of acidity that gave it lift and made it inviting, even at the end of the evening.
I hope you enjoy it.

my wife and I, and another (wine couple - no idea what they’re opening); a fairly traditional spread is planned.

Cremant d’Alsace and/or NV Champers
2012 Hofgut Falkenstein Niedermenniger Herrenberg Riesling Kabinett trocken
2006 Dönnhoff Kreuznacher Krötenpfuhl Riesling Spätlese
2012 Comm. G.B. Burlotto Barbera d’Alba
2009 Domaine de la Cotelleraie Saint-Nicolas-de-Bourgueil Le Vau Jaumier
2003 Domaine des Baumard Quarts de Chaume (with Martin’s Stilton/Pear strudel, can’t wait!)

I’ll open everything (save the bubbles) the night before, inspect, re-cork and aerate on Thrusday morning, accordingly

Gotta figure out what I’m cooking first. Thinking pizza on the grill, or not. There will be no turkey, that is for sure. [barf1.gif]

Small family, we’ll have a couple of wines on the table:

2010 Gangloff Condrieu (plenty of depth and flavor to match the richness of food)

then a Cali Pinot, either Dehlinger or Rochioli, or both :slight_smile:

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, by far.

2002 Arcadian Francesca’s and Merry Edwards SB.

2001 Monsanto CCR

Our meal is resolutely traditional, so I like to keep the wines completely American. If you can’t drink American on the one truly American holiday, when can you? And I say this as someone who lives in California but whose celler is only 28% U.S.! The lineup:

2009 Argyle Brut

2012 Navarro Vineyards Edelzwicker or
2009 Cameron Hughes Lot 216 Carneros Chardonnay
I wish I had some Finger Lakes available to me, but such are the vagaries of distribution.

2011 Peachy Canyon Zinfandel Incredible Red (a cheap zin blend) or
2009 Ravenswood Teldeschi Zinfandel

Thanksgiving dinner with the traditional dishes is just too challenging for wine that is special on its own.

My sentiments exactly. We’re going to go all American. We typically have wine drinkers over but not wine aficionados, so it’s easy to go mainstream.

We’ll do Mumm Napa NV for a sparkling starter over snacks.

Over the main event I plan on;2009 Domol Lia Viognier, 2008 Liocco Durrell Chard, 2006 Kistler Sonoma Pinot, 2006 Loring Clos Pepe and maybe 96 Schweiger Cab if someone wants cab

Over pies: 2007 Beringer Nightengale

Smallest group I’ve ever had with only 5 adults and only 3 wine drinkers. In the past, I always served California pinot noir and Zinfandel, as I, too, keep this feast All American! So I think I will open a Rhys pinot and a Carlisle zin and very happily drink any leftovers on friday.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

Just my wife and kids, and bourbon brined turkey on the Big Green Egg; we visited the pacific northwest in August and will drink 2013 Buty Conner Lee Vineyard Chardonnay and 2008 Reynvaan Family Vineyards The Contender this year.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Zinfandel.

Yes, Zinfandel is on my list.
2012 Ridge Geyserville.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

I am planning on Champagne to start as soon as we start chopping. Likely Savart or Bereche NV. Then accompanying dinner we will do Cru Bojo and Liquid Farm Chard. Maybe a port to finish.

In the US of A most of us come from a different country. That is what makes us so great and I will drink to reflect that globalism.

Hosting 11 people, which includes four children. Of the rest, three people (including my wife) will drink any red wine I open and not even ask what it is. One person will drink beer, so it’s Bell’s Best Brown for him. Three will drink water or hot apple cider. And I haven’t decided if I’ll have Bell’s or if I’ll quietly finish off the 2011 Jean Manciat Macon-Charnay after I pour one cup into the roasting pan. Or both.

But which?

07 Latour Corton Charlemagne (with pear/goat cheese and cranberry/fennel toasts)
11 Rochioli Little Hill (w/homemade gravlax)
99 Texier Cote Rotie (w/pheasant, first time cooking this)

Alesia Chard and Pinot, lots of IPAs for my son…

Isn’t this what Thanksgiving is all about > leftovers. [wink.gif]

Does it matter? [stirthepothal.gif]