Tasting Groups in Chicago?

Either day potentially works for me.

It looks like Saturday, March 5th works well for David, Phil, and myself. Might this date also work for Michael, Ryan, etc?

I’ll be in Maui but will look forward to the next!

As the restaurant doesn’t take formal reservations, we should shoot for seating either before (5pm) or after peak hours (9ish). As of right now, it looks like we have around 8 people. As the date draws closer and we have a final headcount, I’ll get in touch with management as to better help them accommodate a group of our size.

Sat Mar 5 works for me. Are any SO’s coming, or just us? No worries either way.

As I mentioned to Mark, I’ll look forward to really dipping my toes in on white burg!

3/5 works for me.

Ideally, each Berserker should bring one additional person as they have a single 750 per two people policy. Naturally, some people are going to be singles. I know Phil’s wife will not be in attendance, so that frees up an extra spot. Since a half bottle per person is a little on the low side, including additional people who don’t drink that much will benefit the wine geeks who would like to drink over half a bottle’s worth throughout the evening.

As for the start time, I was thinking 9pm. If this seems too late, we might want to shoot for when they open at 5. I say this as they don’t take reservations and get quite busy during peak dinner hours.

I’d prefer earlier (even 5pm) but if everyone else wants 9pm I should be able to do that. Hopefully they won’t stand firm on a one bottle/two people policy. I’m happy to pay a fee, or just limit it to a set time if need to turn the tables, otherwise I’m not sure how to make it work…

5pm sounds good to me. I’ll call them tomorrow to let them know our plans. I doubt they’ll care if we have slightly over a bottle per 2 people, but I’ll double-check just to be sure.

I called them up yesterday to run some questions by them. Their largest tables seat 8. As they can’t reserve and/or seat our party until everyone has arrived, I’m guessing we should all shoot for 5pm sharp. Thus, we can either wait in line for the stragglers or be seated in two separate groups and float the bottles over to the stragglers once they’re seated. I’m up for either scenario. Would you guys prefer to gather 8 people before seating or just sit in a few small groups, grabbing a few tables as soon as they’re made available? On the plus side, they said having slightly more than 1 bottle per two people won’t be a problem.

I’m OK with being there at 5pm.

5pm start is fine with me.

Awesome. 5pm it is. [thumbs-up.gif]