sweet Hertz pricing Christmas period

Thanks for posting. Sounds like a great website to use. No downside and potential upside. Are you able to apply discount programs through them, such AAA or other organizations, to further reduce stated pricing?

I’ll ask my friend and reply back.

I love it when I can save my friends money.

Dan,

One other question that came to mind - you mentioned that the website only deals with certain companies - does that mean that users will still need to do broader searches on other websites to see if the companies that this site uses are in fact the lowest?

Though, in taking a look at the site, the menu of companies seems to have all of the major US ones so perhaps not a concern.

Thanks!

–Dan

Here’s the response from Jonathan … We certainly can apply discounts like AAA, USAA, etc. but often the discounts we find are even better than the ones that the discount codes from those organizations offer. You can’t have more than one discount code on the reservation at the same time, but we certainly can check your memberships alongside the ones we normally check (AAA and USAA can be worthwhile–others not so much). We can also often pair up the best possible coupon side alongside the AAA discount code to further reduce the rate.

Note that there’s no specific option for this right now when you enter in a rate quote request, but you can always email us after the fact and we can double-check to make sure there’s nothing lower. We’re working on a new version of our site which will make this process much easier.

I always check with Kayak, since they’re checking rates with everyone. Funny thing is that even when they show a lower rate, or slightly lower rate, Autoslash usually meets or beats it within a day or 2. After that, the fun begins. [wink.gif]

Dan - thanks for getting the answer. Sounds like renters have to email afterwards to inquire if their AAA discount would reduce what they booked or cause a different company’s rate to be even lower - am I understanding this correctly?

Yes.

Dan,

Is this a US only service or are they partnered in Europe, etc…?

Answer > AutoSlash can offer discounted rates on rentals worldwide at both airport and local in-city locations.

Slashed again new cost Standard car 22 day rental $448.32

another drop in cost today new price 22 day christmas time rental $367.18
(original cost for this rental was $783.64)

They’ll be paying you to take the car off their hands before you know it. [highfive.gif]

Thanks for that advice, Dan! I was just able to get an intermediate (sic!) week long rental in Cabo for next early June for $155, all in. And that included an upgrade to an automatic transmission for the wife. We’ll see if it goes lower, but that’s a great price already!

Ok…

Trying this out -

Europe

Nov 6 - Nov 22

Starting Price - $380.37

Size - Economy

Rental Company - Sixt

Price updated -

Now $372.89 - 10/1

Now $352.63 - 10/2

Or paying me! I just received a price reduction e mail. Last time I heard from them was 2.5 months ago; and now, days before my trip…

You were originally booked at $237.73, and the price has now dropped to $73.87. We’ve automatically re-booked your rental at the lower rate. You’ve saved $163.86
The rate prior to this was $94.

Just to update things as I’m close to departure -

Nothing recently (last update was 10/2) from autoslash.com

I took a look on Kayak a while back and then this week and noticed a nice price of $251.34. (noticed price today and previous search also, wanted to wait to see if there was any match or decline, there wasn’t).

A savings of over $100 from the Auto Slash price. I’m sure it works for some, but it doesn’t look like it will be working for me this trip.

The $251.34 was booked at Citer/National where Auto Slash had me booked through Sixt.

Just booked a Full Size (F6) at Hertz going through JetBlue portal for 3 days in MIA next week. Grand total = $107.99!

Just booked a midsize Avis with Priceline for 3 days $63.19 all in to Charleston for this weekend

Same here. Hertz LAX 3 day weekend Full Size $59.10 total.

Many times Hertz is the most expensive. But sometimes, they do it right.