Summer sipping beers

Anderson Valley Briney Melon Gose has been my go to this summer. It is actually more watermelon rind than watermelon and is absolutely delicious. Goes down like Gatorade on a hot day.

Regards,
Andy Kei!!or

Just had one of these on a hot day here on the ocean. Love AV but this hit me wrong, too much soda-ish carbonation. Killed by Evil Twin Bikini Beer.

I like Off Color Fierce (Berliner Weiss), 3.8%.

I love Berliner Weiss in the summer too, but again, I go to the homeland. Gasthaus & Gosebrauerei Bayerischer Bahnhof. 3.0% ABV. Absolutely delicious.

I am also really liking the AV Briney Watermelon. Great beach beer. My absolute favorite new warm weather beer is the Avery Lilikoi Kepolo. Normally I’d pass right by the “passion fruit” beer, but this is an incredibly delicious beer. Tart, strongly fruity with just a bit of funk. $12 for a 4 pack.

By “light-weight”, I’m assuming you mean “low alcohol?” Can’t help you there, with the one exception of Rick’s Heater Allen Pils. Jesus, I can go through 3 of those in a sitting, especially at whatever 4% ABV he has.

During the summer, I’m still all-IPA, all the time. On hot days, I have to admit, I love Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin. The price point is a little high, but man, I’m a fan. I also tend to drink sweeter IPAs (i.e. PNW style vs. So Cal) over the summer, before devolving into full-on butt kicking barrel-aged stuff over the winter.

I stick to my New Glarus offerings- Spotted Cow- and now the Bubbler( Hefeweizen ) both taste so good on a hot day!!!

The Mikkeller - Hallo Ich Bin Berliner Weisser series have been great so far. They clock in at 3.7% Am also a big fan of the Stiegl Grapefruit Radler.

LOL. I might be one of the few on this board, being from Wisconsin, that knows what a bubbler is.

I went to college in WI for one year and learned what a bubbler was. I still use the term sometimes, everyone looks at me strange. Well, stranger than usual.

Funny. We had a good time in Greenville last weekend. Dam hot and humid though.

I like session beers for light easy drinkers. Full Sail is inexpensive and thirst quenching.

I have to admit - I wasn’t aware of the Bubbler meaning - but do like the beer!!
image.jpeg

Hot and humid is a way of life here. Luckily we have a pool to take the edge off.

I shall give a try.

You should try Westbrook Gose. 4.0% alcohol and very refreshing on a hot day. Should be easy to get in SC. I just purchased a case of the Key Lime variant. Very satisfying by the pool.

yep definitely get some westbrook gose. Perfect summer sipper.

Been drinking

Ninkasi Lux
Ninkasi Helles Belles
Rodenbach Grand Gru - now in single serving bottles!

Scott

Yesterday, had Bell’s Oracle and Hopsolution, as well as Bear Rep Racer 5.
My preference Hopsolution, Racer 5, Oracle.