Stupid food orders

That was what’s known as a setup.

Some of those are pretty funny but sadly not surprising. It’s amazing how little some know about food and what they are really putting in their body.

As an example, earlier in my career I was on a business trip with a lady that was my project manager. We go to some local steakhouse next to our hotel. I order a filet and she started on this diatribe about how unhealthy all meat is and I was consuming so much fat and calories and she stopped eating meat years ago and feels so much more “healthy” bla bla bla. She goes on to order a huge portion of fettuccine alfredo, 4 glasses of chardonnay and tops her meal off with a massive piece of cheesecake.

I nicely told her she might want to re-think what healthy is because her meal probably tripled my filet and grilled asparagus in terms of fat and calories. She said I didn’t know what I was talking about and my meal had way more fat in it because it was meat. She told me pasta doesn’t have fat in it. I didn’t see the point in telling her that the cream, butter and cheese her pasta was swimming in was full of fat. Goes without saying that this “healthy” lady was easily 50 lbs overweight.

Some of those are pretty funny. Every one of them where the person says they are allergic, my gut reaction would be to respond “I don’t think that word means what you think it means.”

I’m gluten intolerant and can tell pretty quickly if I’ve gotten some. But I can usually tolerate soy sauce because most of it is fermented. Thank goodness because I love Asian food.

I always describe a BLT as “a salad with bread.”

Hey it’s not like she ordered carbonara.