Steak off : Flannery Porterhouse versus Meat by Linz (Chicago) Porterhouse

Unfortunately I have not been able to indulge in Flannery for some time, but the big issue for me, being in NY, is the shipping cost.

My order a year ago basically worked out to the same cost as a Lobel’s steak, and honestly I have liked Bryan’s stuff better from a taste perspective.

If the prices have gone up enough that it’s more than walking into Lobel’s and getting a custom cut steak while I watch, I think I am out until I make GSG-20 paygrade. [cry.gif]

And this is not a slight in any way towards Bryan; he has the goods, he delivers on service, and he has been quite generous to this community. [thankyou.gif]

Not to derail this thread, but I have been buying more Prime Dry Aged from Fairway lately, they have a good presence in/around NYC and the prices are very reasonable. Also, Stew Leonard’s always has great deals on choice meat and in-house dry aged Prime, but these are not in the same class as Flannery.

Wow, it was $40 a lb roughly 3-4 months ago like Bill said. I just noticed his website prices went up as well, I know his website prices are different than when you call him but wooo wee those be high!

GRRR… There’s no good reason how someone orders should affect what they pay.

The helluva deals are still that, IMO.

I just placed an order, but I do remember the ribcap being about $30 a pound a while ago.

However, when they have a list for the ribcaps, I think he has every right to increase the price.