South Florida BYO (Palm Beach, Broward & Miami-Dade Counties)

Articles online say it’s bad form to bring a wine under $30 to a restaurant with a wine lists. Thoughts?

To me, if I’m paying a corkage fee, it shouldn’t matter what I bring.

I call bullcrap on the article .

Went to Apeiro tonight at the Delray Marketplace. $20 corkage. Popped a Frogs leap cab and meerlust Rubicon. Waitress was very sweet, but did double check menu to see if they had Frogs leap on it, which I knew they didn’t. We tipped as if we bought a bottle and she was very gracious. Love the food there

Ate there a couple weeks ago - it was good, not great. My go-to casual Mediterranean is Taverna Kyma on N. Federal in Boca - very inexpensive wines. My daughter and I shared a white Greek wine recommended by our server (and it was good!) for about $35 for the bottle!

Had an OUTSTANDING meal last week at Dorsia on N. Federal Highway in Boca - they allow corkage for $20 (I think). Also had 2 very good dinners at Frank & Dino’s (new place in east boca). Enjoyed an old favorite, La Villetta, recently as well, but very pricey.

Visited Pistache in West Palm for their monthly raclette dinner. Brought a Merry edwards sauv blanc along for the ride. $25 corkage. Waiter brought over ice bucket and glasses as soon as I pulled out the bottle. Great service. Great wine. Food was not great.

Brought a bottle to Kaluz in Ft. Lauderdale and paid $25 corkage. View and ambience was great; food so-so.

I think The Grove in Delray is $25, but they also have (had?–it’s been a while) a cool wine list.
The food is usually quite good.
It’s in Pineapple Grove next to the dearly departed Max’s.

The chef there often takes the same flywheel class as me! I heard the phone is really good.

A few more:
Giuseppi in Boca (on S. federal hwy) is a tiny mom & pop place without a liquor license and welcomes BYO. Small menu but they will gladly make you whatever you want! Nice people.

J&J Seafood in Delray (on Atlantic) charges $20 corkage.

La Villeta in Boca charges $25 corkage.

Have you been to J&J lately?
Any good these days?

We’re looking for a spots for next week and the following week.

Food was good but we were VERY rushed. In and out on a busy friday in about 45 minutes, which was annoying. Since you’ll be here the BUSIEST week of the year, I’d skip Atlantic Ave!

Caffe Luna Rosa in Delray (corner of Atlantic & A1A) is $20 corkage.

Also
Mostly Italian-ish seafood and the white wines on the list are very affordable.
Make rezzies!

We went to The Grove tonight. The food is quite good, but we are pretty spoiled in Charleston so I was not blown away. We did not BYOB–the wine list is really clever (lots of “insider” producers, but certainly overpriced. We did a 15 Pataille Marsannay Clos du Roy.
Give the restaurant a try and let me know what you think.
Back to SC tomorrow for mom’s 80th birthday celebration.
Cheers,
S

Going to J&J Thursday for Valentine’s Day. Debating bringing St Supery or merry Edwards sauv Blanc

La Masseria FREE on Mondays

Are there any wine stores in the area that sell on consignment?

Thanks for the recommendation. No wine, but had lunch here with my wife and her parents. Good food and prices.

Wine list is better these days with a few value burgs along with the high ticket items.(a&p villaine Montots 2015 for under $100)

Corkage is $40.

Barry–unfortunately, we found the food to be mediocre on a most recent visit in Jan.