Sour beer offline May 20th (IN LA) 7PM AT ELITE

Some Wisconsin goodness. WTG Todd

Quick question Fu… We need to bring stems for ourselves? I can, I just usually don’t.

As I posted in B&S, I will try to make it tonight. I have a few interesting options with me.

Bring stems.

Bring your own stems, bring cash. Dinner is at 7pm.

See you guys tonight…

bringing waxed paper cups, endorsed 3rd party check payable to CFu…

(That’s a joke)

Reservation under Fred in case you get there early

Had a great time. Pleasure meeting everyone. Cheers to Charlie for pulling it together!

Very nice to meet everyone last night… Definitely a group of gents that knew a lot more about Sours than I do.

I spent a lot of time on Google last night after I got home looking up several. Thanks for generously sharing guys.

Great stuff last night guys, so nice to meet everyone. Big ups to Charlie for organizing, excellent choice of venue, food was great.

I went through my photos and put together a list of what was opened, let me know if I missed anything.

Alpine Kiwi Herman
Cantillon Fou’ Foune
Cascade Bourbonic Plague
Cascade Figaro
Cascade Manhattan NW
Crooked Stave Nightmare On Brett Leopold Whiskey Barrels
Crooked Stave Petite Sour Hibiscus & Cinnamon
De Garde Imperial Blackberry Bu
De Garde The Lucy
Highland Park Cherry Spazz
Jester King Chrysalis
Jester King Equipoise
Jester King La Vie En Rose
Lost Abbey Duck Duck Gooze
Lost Abbey Veritas 015
Modern Times Palace Of Cracked Heads
New Glarus Belgian Red
New Glarus Raspberry Tart
Rodenbach Caractere Rouge
Sante Adairius Cask 200
Sante Adairius Farmhouse Noir
St. Louis Gueuze Fond Tradition
The Bruery Blue BBLs
The Bruery The Wanderer
The Rare Barrel Dubious Affair (Growler)
The Rare Barrel Supermassive
The Rare Barrel Wise Guise
Upland VinoSynth Red

Non Sours:
Highland Park The Achiever (Growler)
Westbrook Mexican Cake

So yea an ambarassment of riches, a lot of killer brews, can’t wait to do it again.

Killer list. Need to be more Belgians at the next one, though!

I agree, too bad the guys with the Belgian whales couldn’t make it. [snort.gif] neener

Seriously though, next time would love to see a Belgian theme or even domestic / Belgian smackdown. Everyone brings one Belgian and one domestic in the same style to compare.

It really irked me that some guys in Southern California were going to get together to drink Sour Beers, I mean beer is Oregon’s, not a bunch of Californian’s. :wink: so when Steve Miller said let’s do our own, I jumped at it.

Here’s our lineup.

The de Garde beers really showed well with the Oude Geuze the best non-Oregon, displaying deep calf leather notes.