Sonoma (or Napa) March 4th?

Sorry to be missing this. Looks like a great lineup! I remember barrel samples of both the EK and LR Syrahs and the LR from bottle. Wonderful efforts. Then there’s that Akhurst guy [wink.gif] [worship.gif]

Nick, is the EK his whole cluster? I remember it being one of the standouts of our tasting that day.

Looking forward to it.

Brian, 60% Whole Cluster on the Eric Kent. Background information from their website:

TASTING NOTES
We’ve already had a lot of fun pouring samples of this wine from the incredibly distinctive, cool-climate Las Madres vineyard on the Sonoma side of Carneros. There is a growing cadre of Syrah aficionados recognizing Las Madres as one of the truly individualistic Syrah sites in California. It is captivating, characterful stuff and the more you dig into it the more it reveals. White pepper, black and green olive, graphite, blue and black fruits, lavender, we could go on and on. It’s an especially surprising treat for “Old World” Syrah fans as it echoes the aromas and flavors more commonly associated with Cote Rotie and Hermitage. There is a brooding, primal quality here making it a distinct counterpoint to the more exuberantly lush Kalen’s Big Boy bottling. If you enjoy Syrah, a side-by-side comparison is a fascinating and wonderful celebration of the grape.

Fermented with 60% whole clusters and aged in only 25% new oak. It’s hard not to get all geeky about this wine and we’re obviously having a hard time restraining ourselves. Something to sniff, sip, savor and ponder… it’s a wine that has much to say. We think it will have a glorious cellar life and deserves a spot in any Syrah fan’s collection.

DRINKING WINDOWS
Prime drinking: late 2013 to 2018
Graceful ageability: 2020+

VINEYARDS
100% Las Madres Vineyard

CLONES
50% 174, 50% 300

STATS
pH: 3.92 | TA: 5.5 g/L | Alcohol: 14.2%
Bottling: April 22, 2013 | Pre-Release: Fall 2013 | Retail Release: Spring 2014
Cases Produced: 95

Great to see everyone last night. I willpost notes on the wines soon.

Loren, thanks for getting everyone together. It was great to see some old friends and meet some new ones. Good wines and good times all around.

Agree. Thanks Loren. Good to see you again. Thanks for organizing. Great line-up of wine, restaurant, and people. Enjoyed meeting everyone. A lot of fun.

I second all the comments above re the fun times. Good juice, fun folks, and great food. Thanks again.

FWIW, my notes are posted here: TN: A Whole Lotta Syrahs (and more) at the Girl and the Fig - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

Excellent notes. Thanks again.