Single Thread Farm Sonoma

I just can’t wrap my head around $300 per person for one meal. That’s more than I spend on food for a months worth of breakfast lunch and dinner for my Wife and I.

Says the man who has a $350 of wine as one of his wines of the 4 month old year…

But I didn’t have to purchase it! Winning!

got the wine list–not online but kindly emailed. Expensive and young. Will likely bring a Champagne and a white Burg, pay the corkage, buy a red–88 Drouhin Beaux Monts for more than it is worth, and just roll w the evening.

Seriously? Three meals a day for two people for a month–180 meals–for less than $300? That is $1.67 per meal. What do you eat–air? Even Victor would scoff at that.

Brian has convinced his neighbor that the coyotes are carrying off the goats and lambs.

That’s pretty typical, a lot of tasting menus are suited to Champagne, white, and rose with maybe a red for the last course or two. Works for me.

-Al

$300/person, that’s $600/month or $20/day. So maybe I’m off a little but not much. We generally have coffee an maybe oatmeal or fruit in the morning. Fruit or salad for lunch. We make our own meals from scratch every evening which is much more economical and healthy than premade meals. We eat out once or twice a month if that.

You mean this guy?
IMG_6952.JPG

You will not go wrong. It’s almost a week later and I’m still thinking about the meal. I did the opposite on wine, brought a 95 chave (stunning) and went by the glass on sake and white with the early courses. I was more impressed with this meal than either Meadowood, Saison, Benu, or anywhere else in northern CA that is striving for the same type of meal.

Sneak preview:
IMG_3849.JPG

By the looks of the amount of dishes used I would bet the recipe came from Blue Apron.

save me some of that aged burg doc :wink: hope you and the mrs. enjoy!

thanks for reporting back daniel. danielle and i are very much looking forward to our dinner in a couple of weeks.

[cheers.gif]

I read this as $300 total for the two of you.

Alan W and Ed G - how were your meals?

our meal saturday night was outstanding. precise, clean, innovative. everything as advertised.

[cheers.gif]

loved the hotel room. Single Thread has 5 rooms above restaurant. Bar stocked w Pliny the Elder, free. Homemade ice cream, chocolates.

Dinner was in a beautiful room, excellent wine service, great overall service, but food didn’t move any of us. Prepared properly and sometimes inventive, very understated and a bit too Japanese for my likings. No course I am dreaming about or wishing for, it was a lovely experience but not at Troisgros-Per Se-Addison-Guy Savoy-Jules Verne level, to provide some comparisons. Liked it, didn’t love it.

How much was the free stuff if I might ask?

Alan - Sorry you did not like it. I can see why it was not to your tastes given the restaurants you mention. The three in your list that I have eaten at are much different and for my tastes much heavier than the Japanese influenced food at Single Thread. I hope you got to try the breakfast in the room.

our wine service sat. night must have been off. i had to request to have my glass filled several times. the water service however was on point!

i would compare single thread to n/naka. if you like n/naka you will like this place.

[cheers.gif]