Simple/Refreshing Gin and Rum Recipes Needed

Captain’s Blood–I use Zaya 12 yr rum

1.5 oz rum
1oz lime juice
1/2 oz falernum
dash of bitters

Into a shaker w ice, shake and strain into martini glass or coupe. Vary ratios, sometimes use grapefruit bitters, occasionally a touch of egg white, really good

pretty easy to make shrubs. Lots or recipes out there.

we make Peach, blackberry, cherry & cranberry in the fall.
We then to always add black peppercorns and some have basil or mint
you are basically mashing fruit with sugar and letting it sit in the fridge
for a couple of days then separating the pulp from the juice and adding
apple cider vinegar to balance out the sweet. sometimes I just add the vinegar right
from the get go but I like to hold back some so I can adjust the balance at the end.

yes, great idea on theshrubs … they are really easy to make as well
I am going to be making some shrubs as soon as I can get fresh local berries

For a refreshing gin and tonic alternative, I am a fan of a Corpse Reviver, an Aviation, or Bee’s Knees.

Not sure if exactly this, but I had a similar cucumber/basil cocktail a few summers back- it was amazing for a hot day. A bit too easy to drink.

The Brooks
1 each smith and cross rum (no fail), cynar, falernum, and fresh lime juice. ice shake tf out of it, strain up. an insanely addictive cocktail that will make many new friends.

The Brooks sounds awesome.

+1.

We ended up having a lemonade/gin/mint drink in a pitcher (for easy service, since it was a BBQ and we were cooking) and planned to switch it up later…but didn’t have to. Had very few drinkers at the party.

Sounds like an awesome party!

I was gifted a Michigan wine with 9%RS…that alone was reason enough to have a party.