Show me your smoked meats

It’s very odd, because although I haven’t had pulled pork in years, I “know” how it tastes.

Damn.

Mine is pretty damn tasty.

In China, you just eat it… like gnawing a chicken leg… same idea…
apparently the highest cholesterol content of any food in the world… but some people love it…

2 hours over fairly high heat:
chxafter.jpg

Start time 10:30pm, 19.5# pork butt.

Duck with a bing cherry glaze
IMG_1035.JPG

Wow, lots of great photos of smoked meats. Now to get DH to use his to now unused smoker and maybe some sides using the Anova I gave him in August.

Nice to see some food posts top the Active Topic list, even if briefly.

Positive vibes.

That looks wonderful! Can you share the prep and time for the duck?

Baby Back

winter is coming and its smoking time

Mark, nice.

I am about to start some more hocks and pork neck bones for brining and smoking. Anybody interested in a swap of products?

Bill, you’re using a weber kettle to smoke right? How do you maintain temp? As in, how often do you add in more charcoal/water?

I’d like to try it out, but I can already see myself failing.

I have a Weber Ranch Kettle, so four times as big. I am just winging it without a temp probe or thermometer. Add hardwood lump as needed to keep heat and a chunk of smoke wood the size of a baseball every thirty minutes or so.

Charlie, I’m not bill but I have smoked on almost every easy to get appliance there is including a weber kettle.

can you do it, yes, and its not all that hard after you get the hang of it. The problem lies in long smokes. If your doing a chicken, some fish, some beef (as in smoke till almost done then finish in a hot pan) its not too bad. Its the over night cooks that get tougher. Its harder in my mind to do charcoal adds and keep temps stable and of course the number of adds required for a 14 hour cook.

try smoking a cured salmon side or a pork loin to get the hang of it…dont worry about cooking temp try and keep 275 to start.

There is even a book with step by step instructions on how to smoke meat on a webber kettle out there and its pretty well done from a novice perspective.

Sean,

Brined the duck…mix of salt, maple sugar, allspice, peppercorns and thyme overnight.
Rubbed with Chinese 5 spice and rested in fridge for 5 hours.
Smoked indirect at 225 for 2 hours over cherry wood.
finished on a hot grill to sear the breasts…maybe 4 minutes a side.
rested with Bing Cherry Glaze…

Thanks, I have to try this [cheers.gif]

Bill, that brisket is ridiculous. Let me repeat myself, for my own benefit. Ridiculous.

I need to make a pilgrimage to your house :smiley:

Open door.

Doing brisket, kielbasa and yard bird this weekend.

Boneless turkey breast with rosemary/thyme rub:
IMG_1941.JPG