Shouldn't the Negroni rate its own thread?

Got hooked on Negronis a few years ago. Wife always wonders why they hit her so hard and so fast compared to her wine. Really? Really!

Last night’s version. Rather traditional but lacking any oranges in the house
orange bitters were used
IMG_5343.JPG

Wrong glass again!!!

:slight_smile:

Isn’t a Negroni supposed to be on ice?

it was and I felt it was too “thick” so i put in in a shaker with more ice and thinned it down and served it up.

Same here. Wanted a different take on it when the bartender asked “on the rocks or straight up”.

i feel strongly this is the best way to enjoy a negroni. dilute properly when mixing and then serve up. it doesn’t need to be ice cold and therefore should not be served in the rocks as it won’t stay balanced.

I usually serve with a single large cube, it doesn’t melt much at all.

same here

Negroni Fight!

What’s the alcohol content of Campari in the USA?

We get the 29% version here. It packs more of a punch.

24% here.

gran classico is 28% tho :wink:

image.jpg
Round up or down?

Maybe this should go in a Gin thread of some kind, but I’ll throw it here:

Not that any appear available in the US.

Made a nice Negroni tonight, three traditional ingredients, with an added splash of pomegranate juice from the farmers market.

finally got to try the miracle mile aperitivo bitters and i’ll never make a negroni without it again.

https://www.babsupplies.com/products/miracle-mile-aperitivo-bitters

Yaacov, have you tried any of their others, like Orange? Don’t have a lot of experience with bitters, how long can you keep a bottle, opened and unopened?

Miracle Mile Forbidden is fantastic. Bitters are 40%+ alcohol so I don’t think you need to worry about shelf life.

What do you use it in? But it’s fortified, not distilled, right? So I still need to protect it from heat? (I don’t worry about spirits, since they’ve already been exposed to heat during distillation.)

Bitters are infusions. I don’t think you need to worry about them any more than you do your Gin.

I usually use the Forbidden in an Old Fashioned, but tonight I used some along with Angostura Orange Bitters in a sort of Margarita built like an Old Fashioned:

Spoon of Agave nectar
Scant 0.5 oz Grand Marnier
1.75 oz Reposado Tequila
Juice of 1/2 lime
Pinch of salt
Bitters

Pour over one big ice cube and stir