Shenandoah Valley in Amador County--Must Stops for Tastings?

Amador Foothill Winery was sold a couple of years back, and is now known as Iron Hub. I haven’t been there since the change in ownership so I have no clue about the wines these days.

Just got back home this afternoon. Wonderful time, with great dinner at Taste restaurant. Ended up bringing back 22 bottles of real nice wine (according to our tastes). Took our Pontiac Solstice (Blueboy), and amazed ourselves with the ability to pack the wine into our “trunk” with our normal baggage, shoes, and etc. Plan to go back in mid-September and hit some wineries we could not get to this time around. Thanks to everybody for their kind comments that helped us set up a nice trip.

Believe it or not, we were in Taste, and people gooed and gawed about our 48th anniversary, and then a couple came in celebrating their 54th anniversary!!! Wow, lots of us old farts still stirring around!!!

We are tasting many of the wines we got, and plan to go back in mid-October for a couple of days. Had one bottle of Viognier that was maderized, and will take it back to the winery then for a trade in (I hope!) Plan to get more of several great wines, including Fate 2013 Tempranillo which we are drinking tonight with lamb chops and caprese salad.