Shattering the 100 point barrier

wordclass!, so to speak…:wink:)

as a bythought…
Could it be the Hosemaster and Suckling are one guy?
Has ever anyone seen them together in one room?

Some of these responses have me laughing out loud. Loving this. You’ve been Suckled.

the worst part about being suckled is that being the cigar aficionado he is, he’d hang around after smoking a stogie and blow smoke rings in your face.

[welldone.gif]

“Suckled”

Awesome!

• 2013 Trump Winery Meritage - USA, Virginia, Central Virginia, Monticello (7/20/2015)
    Poured at the Trump Golf Course in Briarcliff Manor at the Mariano Rivera Foundation charity fundraiser.

The best thing I can say about this wine is that it was inoffensive. When someone asked me what it tasted like, I said it pretty much had no flavor at all. That’s saying quite a bit for a five grape Bordeaux blend. How you can blend so many grapes and get so little flavor it a mystery. It didn’t have any bad flavors, but didn’t have any good ones either. Marginally acceptable as an alcohol delivery system, but it wasn’t even very good at that, coming in at a solidly mediocre 13% ABV.

One of the people at my table asked me if I thought John McCain would like it. I said that if they served it at the Hanoi Hilton, I’m sure the “guests” would have loved it. But a free man would have so many better choices.

PS - No criticism of Rivera for the location of the event. I’m sure it was scheduled a very long time ago and they raised a boatload of money for his foundation, which does some really great work. He is a very admirable guy who has left baseball to pursue what may be an even greater passion for him - helping others. His wife is a local minister in New Rochelle and I think he may be a minister as well. (81 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Donald responds…“Don’t listen to the last review. Who is this guy Jay Hack? Some New Yorker that knows nothing about wine, that’s who. I know everyone in New York and I’ve never heard of this guy. He must be a nothing, nobody folks. I only make big beautiful wines. What does he want it to taste like? Sous Bois? Who wants to drink old leaves and dirt. Maybe Levenberg but that’s another whole story. Now my friend James Suckling is a real wine critic and he gave my wine 98 points. He doesn’t do fake reviews, he even has his own website. And he has glasses, the best wine glasses ever. Now that’s a real critic…”

This is actually quit a shock.

Just saw 2016 Pavie EP advertised as a 400-point wine with barrel samples at 97-100 or 98-100 range from WA, WE, Vinous and The Suck.

I would call this a 97-100 point wine. Or rich glop that still tastes like something after you’ve just sampled 80 really tannic barrel samples. But I’ll admit that I’ve had Pavie a total of once, so maybe I’m just justifying the fact I can’t afford to buy it. :wink: