SF Bay Area/Peninsula Sept 29 offline

a Caymus drinking contest? :astonished:

No winner there [stirthepothal.gif]

The winner would be Alan. pileon hitsfan

“I’m good enough, I’m smart enough, and gosh darn it, people like me!”

OK, ladies & gents. I’ve got confirmation from the proprietor of Yuzu that he’d welcome us to come in on a Tuesday evening. With enough notice (probably a couple of weeks), he could make sure he has server coverage so we could have the adjoining resto space he owns (called Tami) opened up for us. Could seat up to 16 folks there easily. His requirements are:

1. everyone bring their own stems, as they don’t have anywhere near the amt to cover us (typical for a smallish place that focuses on sushi/sashimi)
  2. we provide him tastes (which I know we don’t have an issue with; he’s actually got a side business of importing wines into Japan)

So let’s settle on the date and dollar amount per person (if everyone’s agreeable to $70 all-in, I can let him know we’re looking at $50pp before tax and tip) and start filling up the lists of attendees. I’ve hosted a lunch there with that $50pp threshold, and it was a good amount of high quality sushi/sashimi. His omokase menu incorporates non-seafood items like Jidori chicken and Kurobuta pork, so if the group wants some non-seafood items and to stray from whites and champers, that’s in play as well.

That dollar amount is fine with me. I certainly wouldn’t mind dishes that would be red wine friendly. Thanks for putting this together!

Sounds great! In.

Agree - sounds great, thanks for coordinating!

I’m in.

Have date in mind

Let us know when you are comfortable sharing that date… [whistle.gif]

So I updated the first page.
We should decide on a date.

Either date works for me.

Same here

Sorry guys, I just asked, and my wife won’t let me bring a date.

Not even a Medjool?

Are we doing Turkish wines? I’m so confused…

OK either dates work as of now. I do have something scheduled for 10/6 that ends at 7:30 though.

So then shall we go for Sept 29?

Yes, but tell Alan it’s Oct. 6.