SF Bay Area/Peninsula offline Sole - August 15 *Please confirm*

Sorry I’m out riding solo

Not feeling so well today. [bleh.gif]
Let’s see how the next 24 hours go.

Slackers! I’m still in, driving Joel from SF. Probably bringing a '10 H. Boillot Mouchere and a '98 Bertheau Charmes. Unless I change my mind!

Rich, you and me to the bitter end. This is why I only made the res for 10 neener

Been out of town this past week. I should be able to make this. Cya tomorrow.

I recommend you decant your Mouchere well in advance. It’s a great wine but the one I had was like a block of steel when opened.

Anyone here bringing a champagne? Thinking of bringing one for tomorrow.

• Joel

Nope, I am still in and bringing the 2009 Baricci Brunello di Montalcino - see you tomorrow!

Gene often brings one, but Champagne is always popular!

You can move me to the No list. Too much fun (no such thing) in Point Reyes this weekend. Last stop is Hog Island for lunch in a couple of hours! [wow.gif] champagne.gif

Have fun guys - had a hellaciously bad 8 days.
I’ll be back.

I had a great time tonight guys. Drank some good wine, a lot of laughter, good stories, camaraderie.

Where the heck were you? [cheers.gif]

I wasn’t with you guys? Uh oh.

Inquiring minds, etc. What did you all drink?

Hog Island at the main plant in Marshall doesn’t suck. We had great weather. Sandi had never been and was blown away.

Larry, we missed you. Had an interesting mix of wines, from memory:

2000 Santenay
1998 Chambolle
2009 Chambolle
Billecart Rose
Champagne Brut from Andrew’s producer friends
1999 CdP
2010? De Toren “Fusion V” brought by my South African friend Willem
2005 Roc des Anges VV (Rousillon, brought by me as something different, but despised by this narrow minded, tasteless group of wine elitists). I promised Gene I would do better next time, will look for another corked Roulot.
2000? Brunello
What else?

All - thanks for a great night and helping me continue my exposure and education.

Looking forward to the next one!

champagne.gif champagne.gif