SF Bay Area/peninsula Offline August 1 - Yuzu

Can’t make it on the 1st; see you peeps in Sept.

Tinfoil hats for everyone!

I’d be very interested in that flight. Dehlingers are very clean balanced wines.

Been such a long time since I could go to one of these. =(

Sorry will be in Hungtington Beach watching girls softball :slight_smile:

Enjoy!

Sean

I am a total newbie to serious wine, but I am obsessed! I would love to join you folks, if you don’t mind. I don’t have an aged wine to share, but I’ll try to get something from winebid :slight_smile:. Anything else I need to know? Been meaning to try yuzu! Sushi is my other obsession.

Hi Igor,
Welcome - I added you to the list.
Ed and Cary - you guys in?

Igor, you don’t have to go to Winebid for something aged, we often drink younger wines as well. Something on the lighter more elegant side is always good with Sushi. If you need to source something, this bottle at K&L is one I’ve enjoyed in past vintages, and I think would go very well with the food:

http://www.klwines.com/p/i?i=1308518

Don’t buy it, Alan drank it, refilled it with Rombauer, and consigned it to K and L.

LOL. I have the least understanding/experience with whites, so I guess I can go with that suggestion. The other option is Riesling I suppose. Something like this maybe? 2015 FX Pichler Kellerberg Riesling Smaragd Wachau - SKU 1279889

How about beaujolais? Never tried it with sushi, but seems like it might work.

Igor,
Pichler, Beaujolais, those work.
Just don’t bring Caymus.

Igor, if you want to spring for that Pichler, that would be cool. And also a good illustration of the warmth and ripeness of the 15 vintage across Europe. Beaujolais also works, as a lighter red.

Igor, welcome! This is a great group of guys. I usually can’t make it on Mondays these days unfortunately , but possibly I’ll be free for the October one.

Come on Cary, you need a mental health night out with the wine guys!

This will be a Tuesday. You’ll have to scroll to the next excuse on the list.

The irony.

You think we’ll just send him over the edge?

We can try our best!

Also…
October??!

WTF.

Fail.

Dan as of now I’m still in. Sourcing a bottle to go with sushi could be a problem.

[ResizeableImage=][/ResizeableImage]

Bring that Dagueneau Silex again! [cheers.gif]