SF Bay Area/Peninsula June 15 offline

Sign me up. The 15th works for me.

I’m still in. Not a lot of Syrah choices for me though. Would Southern Rhone be close enough?

I can play.

'61 Barolo would work.

LOL

Anyone bringing Chave?
I may have a bottle.

I remember some conversations about a Syrah theme at our last dinner, and some specific requests for wine (from Harold, at least). Anyone remember what those were? And don’t say Verset or Gentaz [wow.gif]

Caymus 40th Anniversary Syrah? [new-here.gif]

I do remember we talked about that, but I also can’t recall specifics. On first pass, I’m thinking of bringing '09 Faury St-Joseph and an Edmunds St. John red from '03 or '05.

What would really be cool is if we had a flight of whites from Northern Rhone varieties. Chave Hermitage blanc, anyone? flirtysmile

I was thinking of La Chapelle. People are probably tired of me bringing Chave to offlines.

Uhh, that answer would be a big, fat no.

Craig,
Who are these ‘people’ to whom you refer?
Out them! Now!!
(hint: not us???)

Sure thanks Larry! [worship.gif]

I’d be happy to drink Chave.

I have some Southern Rhone whites, I’d be happy to bring one.

If Rich wants to bring a CdP, it’s ok with me.

I’ll bring a Chave Blanc, but only if I never have to hear the word “Caymus” again [truce.gif]

If we do that flight, I’ll bring a Peay Marsanne/Roussanne as well.

I have a 94 Chave that might be ready?

Any word about venue?

And Harold - I can add your friend to the list.
What is his name?

Hopefully not Maude.

If there’s space, could you add me as a tentative? I’m in town for work, so there’s a chance I can ship in some wine and join y’all. May have a work dinner materialize, but hope to join in (space permitting).

Hi Matt - I just added you to the list.
And just so you’re clear - our Peninsula group usually holds the tasting in the Redwood City/San Mateo area.
Look forward to having you join.

Andrew, we are at 12 - can you confirm LVMar?
We should probably lock in a venue.
If all else fails, we can always go back to Sole.

Let me know.

Thx Dan. There’s a chance I’ll be staying at an airport hotel, so Redwood City is pretty easy.