SF Bay Area/Peninsula August 3 offline

Also, depending on venue, we may need to cap the number of attendees.

Or bust a cap!

Los Gatos is a schlep for most of us. We’ve done Chinese food offlines at Cooking Papa in Foster City. Corkage is reasonable and the food is excellent.

Our go-to’s are:
Cooking Papa
Sole
Menlo Grill
(and now) LV Mar

All free corkage (I think) - always up to trying new places but also feel a loyal obligation to those for the great service and waiving corkage.

Martins West is part of the rotation, too.

That’s right!
Forgot that one.

Aug. 3rd looks good to me.

Theme - maybe depends on venue what would go best. Wouldn’t mind doing unusual varieties.

I’m always game for champagne!

How about half Champagne and half Red Burg?

Location – agreed that Los Gatos is a bit south for my preference (and drive). I’d prefer to stay with mid-peninsula locations.

I like half Champagne/half red Burg. On the Burgs, I’d worry that a 2005 theme would involve a bunch of too young/closed wines (at least based on what I’m reading in CT – I haven’t opened many of mine!). If one vintage is too narrow to match what we all have in our cellars, maybe we could go with a range (eg. '99-'02)?

Half n half sounds great to me.
How about red Burgs older than 2005?
I have no Champs but always glad to drink them.

I won’t propose LG for this group but if anyone wants to do something there separately we have a few WBers in LG.

I’m really glad to hear that PinxoPote opened. It was there as Donostia for about a year and then closed. It appears it underwent a change of management/ownership, but it seems to be the same restaurant. It’s not cheap but I loved it and everything was very high quality. It was originally opened by the guys who own Enoteca La Storia in the same plaza. They were old Wine Club guys who also opened the wine bar/shop at Santana Row. Really good guys and everything they do is high quality.

+10 on a half & half theme.

Just to be clear, are we talking about a 50/50 mix of wine, or bottles, or have we progressed to the heavy whipping cream stage? I would like to propose and all-Caymus theme.

Oops I can’t make it - I’m washing my hair that day…

Older than '04 would be better. [snort.gif] champagne.gif

I’ll be doing the same.

cough

Can you put me down as a maybe?

3-pack of 04 Dujac MSD just hammered at K&L for $220. Someone is confident. Or hammered.

So other than the hair washing Caymus haters, I think we are proceeding.

Current proposed plan - champagne (your choice)/semi-young burgundy (1996 - 2002). As people start saying what they’ll bring we’ll adjust balance of what is brought - but hopefully we’ll have a reasonable mix of both. I can bring either/both so will help with flexibility.